Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The UAE...  (Read 11859 times)

express and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sprocketbek

Re: The UAE...
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2019, 07:31:27 pm »
Yes but......I have a recipe for something that requires fish paste. Like Redro or Peck's Anchovette.
I searched high and low......eventually substituted it with chopped up canned anchovies.

Never realized other people don't eat fish paste on toast???  :scratch:

Have you been to this shop?

I waff wedwoe.....is'nt it how that ad of yesteryear go?
Our local Lulu in Ruwais has an amazing variety of imported goods but they didn't have. I needed it on short notice. Checked at Carrefour in Abu Dhabi, none, and was not prepared to fight traffic to Spinney's just for that.
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2019, 01:53:59 am »
Do they have Mrs Balls?
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2019, 04:48:34 am »
Do they have Mrs Balls?
Not in the town I stay, Ruwais. Only another make of mango chutney.
The speciality shops in Abu Dhabi have Mrs Balls.
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2019, 12:28:04 pm »
Do they have Mrs Balls?

Yes we have 2 shops that stock Mrs Balls.
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Ratel

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2019, 08:16:50 pm »
Carrefour and Spinneys sells Mrs Ball's chutney here in Dubai
"Stercus accidit..."

The following users thanked this post: Skaiidawg

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2019, 08:10:12 pm »
As mentioned before we are busy constructing a desalination plant and part of it is 2 storage tanks that is in the process of being erected. The tanks are 22m high with a diameter of 56m and with a capacity of 50000m. 

Vertical seam prepped for welding

Welded

Shell plate thickness, finger added for size....

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2019, 08:35:15 pm »
Heavy lifting is required so send the muscle..

Arty farty of big foot

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2019, 06:33:43 am »
Geez - they don't stuff around there hey - money is obviously no object!

Thanks for posting.
Ja/Nee

The following users thanked this post: Skaiidawg

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2019, 06:44:14 am »

Dis mos @Carrots se stapel drankie...

Ha ha goeie werk!   :thumleft:
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

Offline JoeR

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2019, 11:50:57 am »
good taste  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 11:51:22 am by JoeR »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2019, 07:53:14 pm »
I like my pork but this?

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2019, 07:59:11 pm »
There is a place called Dragon Mart here in Dubai. Everything comes from China. Some good shit and some bad shit but I suspect mostly bad...Nah was just talking shit to the neighbours. You can make of it what you want.

I had to do a double take on this one...
Zoom in on the DIRECTIONS on the side of the packaging.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2019, 08:11:25 pm »
Any one for lighting fixtures for your house come shop here.....

Just for a laugh and for the fun of it we bought most probably the world's smallest dual SIM card phone, take that you guys with your smart phones...

Then I bought a SHIT cup cake...

And the Chinese don't want to be outdone made a SHIT power supply...

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 08:14:03 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2019, 07:03:50 am »
Ha ha - some funny one's. Thanks for posting  :thumleft:
Ja/Nee

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2019, 10:34:16 am »
Al-Futtaim Motors are the Toyota dealer in town and I saw this the other day.  @Dorsland  sal kan doen met so Yota. When the bakkie is in for a service he can take the "Gatsaag"

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2019, 06:22:17 pm »
WOW  :eek7:
Ja/Nee

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2019, 11:23:13 pm »
3 of these lines will feed the desal plant. They are reaching 2km into the sea. Every 6metres we have to fit 1 of these ballasts weighing approximately 13 tonnes each.

Riding on these into the deep green yonder

Mock-up

If you look long enough you will see a diver pop up somewhere in the water.....

the worm is getting longer

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2019, 06:33:33 am »
They sure don't stuff around. Bit of an eyesore - those pipes - will they "camouflage" them in some way?
Ja/Nee

Offline tieniem

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2019, 08:56:05 am »
Awesome! Liking this thread, my best mate is over there, also involved in marine engineering, small world hey!

and he just let me know he is getting a 990 adventure tonight, when I noticed the WD sticker on the bike

https://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/motors/motorcycles/touring/2019/7/1/ktm-900-adventure-3/?back=L3NlYXJjaC8%2Fa2V5d29yZHM9a3RtK2FkdmVudHVyZSZpc19iYXNpY19zZWFyY2hfd2lkZ2V0PTEmaXNfc2VhcmNoPTE%3D&pos=1

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2019, 09:18:39 am »
They sure don't stuff around. Bit of an eyesore - those pipes - will they "camouflage" them in some way?

Yes they will be camouflaged, they will be airbrushed to the colour of the water.... :peepwall:

Just joking.

They will not be visible as they will be sunk and lay on the seabed. Check out my post 135 about 2 pages back.