Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The UAE...  (Read 8175 times)

Offline TeeJay

Re: The UAE...
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2019, 10:40:32 am »
They sure don't stuff around. Bit of an eyesore - those pipes - will they "camouflage" them in some way?

Yes they will be camouflaged, they will be airbrushed to the colour of the water.... :peepwall:

Just joking.

They will not be visible as they will be sunk and lay on the seabed. Check out my post 135 about 2 pages back.

Thanks - but I meant where it comes out on to land - will it just lie on top of the soil or will they "cover" it somehow? - maybe with soil and fake grass  :imaposer:
Eat life!

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2019, 07:23:28 pm »

Thanks - but I meant where it comes out on to land - will it just lie on top of the soil or will they "cover" it somehow? - maybe with soil and fake grass  :imaposer:

OKeeDokee.....no you will not see the pipes. I will try and explain.

About 20 metres from shore, the building in the drawing shown below, has been built, the top of that building is basically at sea level. So the whole building is under ground and the pipes connect to the bottom of the intake building, into those 3 holes on the bottom left . So the pipes will either be under water or under ground and your eye sore has been dealt with.

PS - the pipes you see going into the sea is just at the launch point not their permanent position, think of it as a sausage machine.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:34:00 pm by Skaiidawg »
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

The following users thanked this post: TeeJay

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2019, 01:41:08 am »
Simply incredible feats of engineering  :drif:  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

The following users thanked this post: Skaiidawg

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2019, 06:29:28 am »
Aaahh okay cool - got it. Plenty of money there huh.
Eat life!

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2019, 11:34:39 pm »

This project is about ZAR 5 with 9 zeroes.
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2019, 06:32:42 am »

This project is about ZAR 5 with 9 zeroes.

:eek7: :eek7: :eek7:
Eat life!

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2019, 05:18:19 pm »
The rest of the plant is coming on nicely but nothing interesting to share with you fine young people, apart form @2StrokeDan  who is an old fart  :peepwall:

We are getting there slowly...900m done still some 6100m to go..

A sea of concrete ballasts... only 2260 required

eventually these 2 ends will meet somewhere at the bottom of the sea.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2019, 05:31:30 pm »
During summer, by law no one is allowed to work outside in direct sunlight between 12:00 and 15:00. so we opt to work night shift instead. Last night at 02:00 it was 39 degrees C and humidity of 82%, I feel your pain @Mr Zog

Natural mist curtains..

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2019, 09:35:30 pm »
Stellenbosch also got a new sewage treatment plant the other day, and a crane also worked here, and it also cost quite a bit. :pot:

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2019, 03:00:57 pm »
One of the pics I took and enjoy of the skyline of Dubai.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2019, 04:30:24 pm »
This number is being parked around the corner from me.

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2019, 04:33:13 pm »
What a beaut - you must see some amazing cars there - with all that money around.
Eat life!

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2019, 04:55:32 pm »
Panoramic of a place called Fossil Rock.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2019, 05:12:54 pm »
On the East coast, at a place called Kalba they used to do some net fishing from shore. The fisherman take the net out with a small boat and use Toyota Land Cruisers to pull the net back to land. After a couple of decades this is what they look like.

Arty farty