Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The UAE...  (Read 15992 times)

Offline Skaiidawg

Re: The UAE...
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2020, 10:56:14 pm »
Love the last posting mate.

That three wheeler delivery is lovely

Cheers fella.

Yes like it too.
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2020, 07:18:26 am »
Love these little glimpses into other parts of the planet. Sometimes seem to be from a different planet.  ;D

Thanks and keep posting @Skaiidawg   :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: Skaiidawg

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2020, 09:56:37 pm »
Just recently a new home delivery service was launched here in Dubai.

It's called Cafu, refuel your car at home.

Wonder if this will work in SA..... :peepwall:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:59:36 pm by Skaiidawg »
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2020, 08:33:44 pm »
A new building has been finished on the side of Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai. It's called the Museum of the Future - https://museumofthefuture.ae/

At night......

This picture is taken from the web. I take no credit for this 1.

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2020, 09:40:46 pm »
Thanks for the updates, Skaiidawg  :thumleft:
I never left Ruwais since coming back for leave on 12 Jan 2020, and then just traveled straight to DXB on 21 Oct 2020 when I left for good.
Was fascinated to see the changes to some of the projects in that interval.
That last building was the most prominent  ;D

Certainly have some good remembrances of the UAE, but busy settling into platteland life in SA now  :biggrin:
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2020, 09:25:50 pm »
Yes, we all know Covid is amongst us and social distancing too, however never went to the toilet holding hands with the guy next to me...... :imaposer:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 12:08:05 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2021, 10:24:33 am »
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2021, 12:17:02 pm »
Some more of the vintage scooters

1955 Kauba Lux 125 Luxus

1966 Lambretta Li 150 Serie 2

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2021, 12:45:03 pm »
Basically, everybody is complaining about the crap service in South Africa.....here the authorities have taken it a step further....   :imaposer:

The father and founder of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed, are being held in very high regard...even watching as you go by a traffic light

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 12:54:37 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2021, 12:50:57 pm »
Drove around the other day and saw the sun setting and took these couple of pics. Make me long back to my country - Namibia.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2021, 12:59:01 pm »
From time to time you see these old cars parked next to someone's abode
@grizz  would certainly approve

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2021, 01:03:25 pm »
I like this GMC

Online TeeJay

« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2021, 01:04:00 pm »
Very cool pics - THANK YOU!

Man I love those scooters - and that old truck.
Ja/Nee

Offline Clockwork Orange

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2021, 12:09:33 am »
Loving these thread. Thanks for the updates :thumleft:
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!

Offline grizz

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ROCHERSTER, KENT
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2021, 10:40:23 am »
The pics yes.

And more importantly the information you share with us.

Thanks for taking the time to post and share.
NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF OTHERS....

I LIVE IN ROCHESTER, KENT, UK.

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2021, 12:14:46 pm »
My dad used to have a Lambretta scooter of that era.
Interesting thing is that they had shaft drive, and the engine was offset to one side.
If it is riding in a straight line, it would always be leaning over at an angle.
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012