Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The UAE...  (Read 13937 times)

Offline Skaiidawg

Re: The UAE...
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2020, 06:18:14 am »
1050 horses....lots of money there!

Jip a couple of Randelas... check out this one. It will set you back at the current exchange rate.......ZAR 941000-00

???
It must be early in the morning. Am I reading that right? ZAR 941,000-00 as in just short of a Million?  :o :o

Yes your coffee is working, just short, you come with a million and leave with some change to buy a good fully kitted KLR 
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline BOZO

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2020, 06:31:52 am »

Yes your coffee is working, just short, you come with a million and leave with some change to buy a good fully kitted KLR
eish...... makes me feel ill. ;D
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them." Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
1150 GS, 1200 GSA, 125 KX, WR450  (all sold) :(
XT660Z

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2020, 11:56:26 am »
Amazing how they pack so much power in such a small space  :eek7:
Ja/Nee

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2020, 02:16:17 pm »

Jip a couple of Randelas... check out this one. It will set you back at the current exchange rate.......ZAR 941000-00

???
It must be early in the morning. Am I reading that right? ZAR 941,000-00 as in just short of a Million?  :o :o

You forgot to ask about the fuel consumption.  :biggrin:
When is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2020, 02:41:01 am »

???

If you have to ask, you can't afford it  :sip: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Crankshaft

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2020, 08:49:11 am »
Flippen aweome.   :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: Bringing back amazing memories.  I was in the UAE in December 2016 visiting friend in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. 

Was amazed by the amount of buildings, amecian muscle cars and their bakkies as we know it.  Also, the amount of detail they use in all their malls and buildings and you can clearly see they love marble.  Would love to go back again sometime, because the 2 weeks I was there, was not enough time to see and do everything I wanted.

Please keep on sending some pics and good luck that side. :thumleft: O0
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC
Current: WR 450F & KTM 1290 Sup Adv R

Offline BOZO

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2020, 01:17:39 pm »

???

Already worked it out, had a little vomit in my mouth and decided to look at secondhand wheelbarrows instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them." Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
1150 GS, 1200 GSA, 125 KX, WR450  (all sold) :(
XT660Z

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2020, 06:40:43 pm »
Saw this Honda the other day, not really my cup of tea, but the build looked OK.

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2020, 06:54:13 pm »
Anyone want to trade his 286 floppy for a 486 stiffy drive?  :peepwall:
Come visit me, you can get this OTC.

>
>
>
>
>
>
see next post....

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2020, 06:55:33 pm »
>
>
>
Ok this is the next post......

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2020, 08:19:53 pm »
 :imaposer:
Ja/Nee

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2020, 04:02:59 pm »
 :deal:
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2020, 02:59:55 pm »
Saw a peculiar car the other day.
It turns out to be a 1957 BMW Isetta 300.
Googled them and JIRREMJIVISSIS....... priced upto half a million ZAR :eek:

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2020, 03:18:04 pm »
Just an arty-farty picture taken one evening just outside of Dubai.

Online Sprocketbek

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2020, 07:02:44 pm »
Saw a peculiar car the other day.
It turns out to be a 1957 BMW Isetta 300.

My headmaster in primary school in Stellenbosch had one that he drove to school.
My dad's best buddy had a BMW 700, even more scarce but not as sought after:
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Online Sprocketbek

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2020, 07:20:45 pm »
@2StrokeDan
Seeing he is such a fanboy.......
Times were tough and my dad and his buddy often bought things that were not used everyday, and shared the use of it.

• 230 mm AEG angle grinder
    • 230 Amp welding machine
  • Sausage making equipment
  • Beer making equipment

When he needed the old-school welding machine he would fetch it with the BMW and put it in the (front) load area.
Problem was, he stayed right at the top of Uniepark, which has the steepest hill in Stellenbosch!
It only just made it up there in 1st gear  :laughing4: :laughing4:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 07:23:41 pm by Sprocketbek »
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2020, 07:24:31 pm »
My dad's best buddy had a BMW 700, even more scarce but not as sought after:

At first glance I thought it was an Anglia

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2020, 10:12:06 am »
The UAE is fairly flat with mountains only to the East, in the Ras Al-Khaimah area. The other place with a rock higher than sea level is Jabal Hafeet in Al Ain. There is a nice winding road to the top with a look-out point, as well as a hotel and a palace for the ruling family.

Here is a panorama from the top with Al Ain in the back ground.

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2020, 11:46:53 pm »
 :sip:
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2020, 08:06:51 am »
The UAE is fairly flat with mountains only to the East, in the Ras Al-Khaimah area. The other place with a rock higher than sea level is Jabal Hafeet in Al Ain. There is a nice winding road to the top with a look-out point, as well as a hotel and a palace for the ruling family.

Here is a panorama from the top with Al Ain in the back ground.

Is this the spot where they have that MOERSE zipline??