Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Short trip South to the Sand  (Read 983 times)

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
Re: Short trip South to the Sand
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 08:40:38 pm »
Ja right no fine, we must stay away from this site and in the mean time a fucking foreign mining company will just come along and stuff the whole place up.   Typical where we  are in SA.   
Do not get me wrong, I am all for the preservation of heritage sites and so on, but for crumb sake, seems as if are forever sucking on the hind tit.   >:( >:( :eek7:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 11:20:27 pm »
Ja right no fine, we must stay away from this site and in the mean time a fucking foreign mining company will just come along and stuff the whole place up.   Typical where we  are in SA.   
Do not get me wrong, I am all for the preservation of heritage sites and so on, but for crumb sake, seems as if are forever sucking on the hind tit.   >:( >:( :eek7:
No the mining company won't be mining there. At least that has been stopped for now.

I just thought I would inform you guys about the fact that it is an archaeological site and therefore is sensitive. All I'm saying is we should consider maybe not riding in those dunes. I try to not stuff things up for others. Do with that info as you please.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:22:59 pm by Kortbroek »
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 04:17:38 am »
No the mining company won't be mining there. At least that has been stopped for now.

I just thought I would inform you guys about the fact that it is an archaeological site and therefore is sensitive. All I'm saying is we should consider maybe not riding in those dunes. I try to not stuff things up for others. Do with that info as you please.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

I am 100% in with you on this.  I for one was planning a trip to that area, but knowing now that it is a archaeological site I will cancel my trip.  My aim was to ride the dunes, not for sight seeing, so I will not go there.  But that is my gripe with it, you and I will try to safe the place just for one or other big money company to come and stuff up the place, and let me tell you, it is just a matter of time before it becomes a reality.
In any case, thanks for letting us know as I was not aware of it.   :thumleft: :thumleft:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..