2018 1200GS Dynamic ESA. Can it be customised?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
My GS has the newer generation ESA that you can select between MIN , MAX and AUTO. The older system has the 1 and 2 helmets and luggage settings.
All that these settings seem to change is the pre-load on the spring that changes the ride height for the weight on the bike and it works good.

Now, the rider modes such as ROAD, DynamicPRO and EndruroPRO, seems to control the damping and rebound settings on the rear shock, but I am not sure if the front also gets changed.

My problem is that when I am on EnduroPRO riding gravel, the bike starts to "rock" up and down like a ship on the open sea trying to make you sea sick. This tells me that the damping and rebound may be too soft for my weight. I am around 130 KG kitted up. This is a major irritation when I am taking turns at speed with the throttle pinned (relying on the Enduro mode Traction Control to keep the rear from flying out, Great FUN!) and the bike starts rocking up and down which makes it difficult to hold the turn.

In DynamicPro it seems to work a treat, but I cannot ride that way off-road as the TC and ABS are useless then.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the rider mode suspension settings tuned by a dealer or with a tool such as the GS911 ?