to replace or not to replace the 950

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpleton

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
ok , so I am putting it out there. ( for Cracker I`m 53 years old)

My 2003 950 Adventure S  is now on 86000 km it is using a bit of oil about 250ml every 5000km, now do I sell it and bite the bullet and get into debt to get a 790 or 1090 , or do I keep the 950 and have the motor redone , If I do the motor , I would do all bearings , new cam chains , guides etc, and new rings, every thing other than that has been done on the bike, the suspension has just been done by Martin Petsol , it has a new swing arm after the original one cracked, all in all the bike has become reliable other than it sound horrible when starting , like a flat battery even when the batteries are fully charged ( yes it has a duel battery system) but it does start . it has not had the torque limiter done on the starter,

all in all this bike owes me about +/- R100 k , I will never get that for it I know but it is paid for and at most I may get R55K  if im lucky , so it still means that I have to come up with about 150K  :-\

now I am not one of those rich people out there, I will have to finance , and dont like to finance .I hate the F,,,,king banks they are all thieves .

so people what do you think I should do if you were in my shoes.get rid of the old girl or have her renewed.to the tune of about R30K  :-\

My riding mate is not going to like the answers here , sorry Harold.

Attachments

• IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 315