Going to watch MotoGP in Spain, preceded by trip through Alps…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Experienced Dogs, Clever Dogs, World Traveller Dogs, Old Dogs, Young Dogs, and just Dogs…

Please can I tap into your experience, suggestions and ideas for the following.  This plan is just the rough outline for now, I will start putting all detail together in the near future:
• I am planning a short trip 11 - 17 June 2019, to go watch the Catalunya MotoGP, Barcelona, Spain,
• Perhaps fly to Austria, Switzerland, France or Northern Italy, rent a motorbike and do a 2 – 3 day trip in the Alps, longstanding dream I have…
• Depending on your suggestions on which is the best part of the Alps, in which country/s, then plan a flight to Barcelona the day or 2 before the GP, watch it (or both days), and fly back to SA on the public holiday 17 June.

Any educated suggestions on:
• Best most scenic part of the Alps, and for how long? 3 days can probaby get a bit long?
• Typical places to stay over on this journey?
• Weather conditions that time of the year, their summer?
• Depending on the best riding spots, where to rent a bike, keep in mind I need to return it again, might not be a round trip, and perhaps suggested websites?
• Following that, upon returning the bike/s, nearest airport to take a flight to Barcelona?
• Was thinking to rent something like a GS800, or whatever is reasonably priced and easy through the hairpin bends (never owned a 800 before, on KTM here in SA :biggrin:).  Another factor, a lady friend might join, she is riding her own Triumph Street Triple here in SA, she will probably be renting something in that line…
• Tips on watching the GP?
• Etc?

Much appreciated…thx