1290 Track Day and 200km/h limiter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Went to Redstar yesterday for Andy Biram/Clint Pienaar's track training day.  Really cool day.  Only 15 riders so you can have plenty track space when you want it.  Great instruction.  I've done a couple track training days a while ago but still learn something new everytime

They also take photos each session and will give you feedback based on the pics which is awesome.  I didn't realise I was basically running out of tyre even riding what I thought was fairly slowly.  It seems you do tend to run out of tyre/lean angle fairly quickly on a 150 rear.  Got some advice for getting off the bike more in the corners and it helped a lot.

Other thing I realised, my 1290 is limited to around 200. I thought I was hitting the rev limiter in 5th on the long straight at 200km/h, so the next lap I decided to short shift to 6th to make sure I could get a bit more out of her.....But nope same thing, at 200 she dies and no more.    Apparently this is a removable map put on by KTM because the bike is sold with the knobblies on.

Anyone else found that?