Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WSBK 2019  (Read 1657 times)

Offline TheBear

Re: WSBK 2019
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2019, 12:57:04 pm »
Off they go to Aragon, one of my favourite tracks.  FP1 just finished with Bautista and his Ducati 1.1s faster than the 2nd guy who was Lowes on a Yamie.  Then Rea on his green bike, Davies on a Ducati, Haslam on another Kawa, Laverty on a Ducati, Sykes on the BMW, Van der Mark (Yamie) and Cortese (Yamie).

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2019, 05:07:31 pm »
I don't get to watch this anymore, just what I can get on YouTube, a couple of short videos on the internet and DSTV Catch up which I log into.

I was thinking of buying the subscription like MotoGp but was happy to wait until I was quite sure we weren't in for another Rea show for 2019.

Well it seems we don't have the Rea show, but it looks like we quite possibly are now stuck with the Bautista show...............hopefully not.

So the jury is still out on whether i will part with more Gold pennies. Might in fact look at buying a subscription for the outdoors Lucas Oil MX Series in America instead.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2019, 08:14:49 pm »
I wouldn't part with anything if I was you  ..................Bautista charged in like a breath of fresh air but is swiftly getting stale.

Now, if Davies stepped up to the plate I thought he was on, we'd have a race.

But it seems, so far, that the only person who has a chance of reeling in Bautista is Rea ................... and for once, I hope he does it.  :thumleft:

--------------------------------------------

As an aside, pls tell me a bit about the Lucas oil series and how to subscribe ............. I've missed that racing for a long time  :'(
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Sithe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2019, 07:23:47 pm »
World watching paint dry competition  :xxbah:
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2019, 09:06:22 am »

Offline TheBear

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2019, 09:19:55 am »
If we can imagine Bautista is not part of the race, the rest is more exciting than ever before.  The Kawas, Yamies and other Ducatis put on a good fight for the remaining podium positions.  I see the gap to Bautista closing somewhat as we are entering the period where Dorna and friends can invoke rev limits.  They may well decide to up the the rest, or reduce the Ducatis.

#33 #BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2019, 09:41:23 am »
Enjoyed the racing, besides the fact that the red Italian with the little Spanish jockey, again, for the 9th time so far, left the pack for dead.Being a big Duck fan, I really enjoy that dominance. Stuff the spoil sports - they can instruct Ducati to lower the revs by a few hundred, it simply will not make for closer racing.Perhaps the rest must up their game instead.Maybe the Kawa boys are the real cry babies, because their Rea is now exposed to not being the super racer they made him to be.Its cold on the no. 2 step if you are used to be the glamour boy  ;)
Very stoked with Davies and his podiums - he is clearly getting to grips with the Duck and his injury seems to have healed.Likewise the other Ducks.
Lowes impressed and should do better in the series.
Can't wait for the next round  ;D

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2019, 12:31:26 pm »
Why is Lowes so good and VDM so kak. Has been the other way round until this season.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Az

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • It wasn't me...
    • The Marshals
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2019, 12:50:08 pm »
Why is Lowes so good and VDM so kak. Has been the other way round until this season.
Front end changes suits Lowe and VDM has still to adapt?

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2019, 03:37:33 pm »
anyone who says it is boring , clearly should take up nose picking

what great racing  , so hope the other teams can get closer to the duc , but great racing none the less
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline FlexZA

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2019, 04:29:20 pm »
anyone who says it is boring , clearly should take up nose picking

what great racing  , so hope the other teams can get closer to the duc , but great racing none the less
+1

I hope Sykes and his team makes more progress with the BMW to be more competitive with the top guys. They are making progress very fast!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2019, 10:21:46 am »
Enjoyed the racing, besides the fact that the red Italian with the little Spanish jockey, again, for the 9th time so far, left the pack for dead.Being a big Duck fan, I really enjoy that dominance. Stuff the spoil sports - they can instruct Ducati to lower the revs by a few hundred, it simply will not make for closer racing.Perhaps the rest must up their game instead.Maybe the Kawa boys are the real cry babies, because their Rea is now exposed to not being the super racer they made him to be.Its cold on the no. 2 step if you are used to be the glamour boy  ;)
Very stoked with Davies and his podiums - he is clearly getting to grips with the Duck and his injury seems to have healed.Likewise the other Ducks.

Rev limits are there for a reason.  New models such as the Ducati, Kawasaki and BMW are limited to within 3% of standard.  During the season they adapt this in an attempt to created closer racing.  Of course when they first allowed a homologation special for Kawasaki a few years ago, they shot themselves in the foot.  Ducati has now built the ultimate homologation special and it shows.  As you said, rev limiting a thousand or so revs this way, or that won't make a huge difference.  The Ducati revs to 16 000 odd "standard" anyway.   Current rev limits for the 2019 new models:

BMW:  14900
Kawasaki: 14600
Ducati: 16350

Davies is looking much better, but by the number of errors he made he is still learning.  Biggest guy in the series, on the smallest bike causing him a headache or two, I suppose.  With his injury healed, he will now adapt and he will be a contender for sure. 

It is nice the see the Yamahas and BMW's snapping at the leader's heals.

The Ducatis have winglets.  I wonder how long before that becomes an issue in WSBK?

Still very close between the two of them.  3rd and 4th in the championship.  Lowes do seem to have the upper hand at present, but VDM did experience a bit of bad luck as well. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:33:38 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline FlexZA

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2019, 11:16:33 am »

Rev limits are there for a reason.  New models such as the Ducati, Kawasaki and BMW are limited to within 3% of standard.  During the season they adapt this in an attempt to created closer racing.  Of course when they first allowed a homologation special for Kawasaki a few years ago, they shot themselves in the foot.  Ducati has now built the ultimate homologation special and it shows.  As you said, rev limiting a thousand or so revs this way, or that won't make a huge difference.  The Ducati revs to 16 000 odd "standard" anyway.   Current rev limits for the 2019 new models:

BMW:  14900
Kawasaki: 14600
Ducati: 16350

Davies is looking much better, but by the number of errors he made he is still learning.  Biggest guy in the series, on the smallest bike causing him a headache or two, I suppose.  With his injury healed, he will now adapt and he will be a contender for sure. 

It is nice the see the Yamahas and BMW's snapping at the leader's heals.

The Ducatis have winglets.  I wonder how long before that becomes an issue in WSBK?

Still very close between the two of them.  3rd and 4th in the championship.  Lowes do seem to have the upper hand at present, but VDM did experience a bit of bad luck as well.

What the hell is going on with Honda though?

Offline TheBear

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2019, 11:56:16 am »
What the hell is going on with Honda though?

Honda hasn't really featured for some time and it seems their decision to drop Ten Kate Racing as their team is biting them hard.  The new Althea team is clearly struggling.  Why?  No idea.  Part of it must be that, on Aragon, the were down almost 13km/h on the Ducatis.

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2019, 02:59:54 pm »
whats a honda ? O0

Offline TheBear

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2019, 03:12:17 pm »
whats a honda ? O0

I am shocked at your lack of knowledge.  Herewith, for your own improvement and learning experience, a Honda (race technician also in pic):

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2019, 09:51:08 am »
Spoiled for racing this coming weekend.

WSBK at Assen in Holland.  (Dorren and Dino:  SSP300)
MotoGP at COTA in the USA.  (Brad and if healthy Steven: M2 and Darryn: M3)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:53:31 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2019, 12:28:49 pm »
whats a honda ? O0

I am shocked at your lack of knowledge.  Herewith, for your own improvement and learning experience, a Honda (race technician also in pic):

well there you have it , thats why i didnt know what a honda was ............ i dont use those thingys in the pic  :thumleft:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2019, 01:12:39 pm »
whats a honda ? O0

well there you have it , thats why i didnt know what a honda was ............ i dont use those thingys in the pic :thumleft:

We are in 100% agreement. 
#33 #BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: punisher