Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Legend Tax - What, How and by Whom determined ?  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
Re: Legend Tax - What, How and by Whom determined ?
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 10:29:17 am »
XR650R had big legend tax then people discovered 690's, 500's and other bikes with e-start now I reckon they dropped a bit in value. Flavour of the week is now KTM 990's it seems.

I doubt this is true at all. The 650R still commands a higher price because they are not easy to come by.. 990's are a dime a dozen and you can pick one up anywhere.

But give the 990 another decade and then lets see the mint ones come out on the market and it will be a different story

I also don't think there are as many guys buying these legend bikes.. there used to be massive hype and legend tax given to the Honda Africa Twin.. after the new one came out that legend tax dropped, now the old Africa Twin is just an old Africa Twin and I think we seeing the same with KTM. Their new models are so good that who wants a 990?
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2019, 10:36:44 am »
XR650R had big legend tax then people discovered 690's, 500's and other bikes with e-start now I reckon they dropped a bit in value. Flavour of the week is now KTM 990's it seems.

I doubt this is true at all. The 650R still commands a higher price because they are not easy to come by.. 990's are a dime a dozen and you can pick one up anywhere.

But give the 990 another decade and then lets see the mint ones come out on the market and it will be a different story

I also don't think there are as many guys buying these legend bikes.. there used to be massive hype and legend tax given to the Honda Africa Twin.. after the new one came out that legend tax dropped, now the old Africa Twin is just an old Africa Twin and I think we seeing the same with KTM. Their new models are so good that who wants a 990?

you are correct, but hell, you are going to get flak for this statement.  :imaposer:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:39:19 am by Edgar »

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2019, 03:35:27 pm »

you are correct, but hell, you are going to get flak for this statement.  :imaposer:

What do I know, I bought a Honda that not only has no legend tax but it has a resale value like a pebble in a pond.  :imaposer:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2019, 08:17:32 am »
Saw an ad for a Yamaha TY50 on Gumtree, and it stated "no papers [even more collectable]"

:eek7: :eek7:

:imaposer:

Offline Bappas

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2019, 08:22:34 am »

All KTM will collect legend tax being as reliable as they are! Very few will remain!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Online Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2019, 10:03:29 am »
If 950s are selling for 40-50k now, how much of that is legend tax? Seems to me that without the legend tax they're not worth anything at all.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:33:31 pm by Cracker »
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2019, 10:36:14 am »
damn, lots of people now just begging to be banned from the forum! Next someone will claim you can ride sand with something bigger than a 500 and it will be the end of Wilddogs forever!
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...