• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: The Original Monster - 2016 Reg '06 KTM 950 SE (Showroom condition)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renrew

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
KTM 950 Super Enduro
Mileage: 7 000km

Back up for sale again after a long hiatus :)

I’m selling my 2016 uncrated one-owner NEW 2006 950 Super Enduro.

I simply feel too sorry to ride and put mileage on it, so I’m letting it go. I haven’t ridden this bike in two years and only see it every once in a while when I take the cover off to start it and perve a bit.

This is a once in a lifetime bike.

The bike has been in a crate since 2006 in a temperature controlled room in JHB and only uncrated in 2016. I am the first owner and it is still on it’s original chain, sprockets and brake pads! Guys this bike is new, literally. This isn’t only one of a couple low mileage SE’s left in the world, it’s one of only 2-4 SE’s in the world that was crated till 2016 and thus in much better condition than a similar (albeit rare) mileage SE. The bike does not have a single scratch or mark.

It’s in new condition (I don’t use this term lightly) and has rarely been used, always kept indoors, under a KTM bike cover with the wheels off the ground.

Anyone that knows me or knows of me, knows that my things are literally always in mint condition and no expense is ever spared. I’m even more obsessive with my bikes.

Things you should know considering this bike:

1. You will not find a better condition 950SE
2. You will battle to find a single mark or scratch anywhere on this bike, let alone a dirty spot
3. You will not find a better condition and cared-for bike on the market, irrespective of the mileage
4. I have personally curated every single extra on this bike and all parts are the cream of the crop. I have also addressed every single potential issue that could happen from the start. There are years worth of knowledge and experience behind the Super Enduro and I’ve addressed everything.
5. You will not lose money on this bike!
6. There are very few lower mileage SE’s in the world, but condition wise it is unmatched
7. No expense was spared on this bike
8. The hard-to-reach nooks-and-crannies are as clean as the rest of the bike
9. It was rarely used as I’ve had many other bikes that were rather used. I wanted to “save” it
10. This bike is an appreciating legend, as everyone knows. The great part is it’s also an immensely capable and an absolute beast of a bike. It even outperforms my ex-990R (Even though the 990R scares me more), ex-1190R , ex-1290R and my ex-790R in many ways. A while back I took a 790 Rally through it’s paces and the SE is simply just a better bike, unless you like having a colour LCD screen. Unfortunately anyone can creat a 790 Rally, no more showroom SE’s left and that’s why the 790 Rally’s value will tank.
11. You will not find a more capable big ADV bike than this
12. The suspension is incredible and remains unmatched in this category, the only bike that probably comes close was my 990R sold to a member here.
13. Everything on the bike is new including the extras, spares and original parts. Most of the original parts have been labeled and bubble wrapped
14. I have likely forgotten about a couple extras and spares that come with the bike, there is too much to mention
15. The extras and spares alone included with the bike amounts to a retail value of about R80 000 not factoring in the new rand/dollar exchange rate
16. Papers, books and keys are in order with licenses paid till Dec-2019

On the very rare occasion that the bike was ridden, it was stripped (To a reasonable level), cleaned, lubed, shined, dried with a compressor, silicone sprayed, left to idle for a while, covered with the bike cover and put on the paddock stand . KTM didn’t work on this bike as their workmanship and care just isn’t at the level I need. I have thus only used high-level private mechanics that humor my perfectionism or done the work myself.

Services are up to date and maintenance has always been done to an unnecessary level. I haven’t ridden this bike in two years and is still on original chain, sprockets and brake pads.

Price: R250 000

cell: 0832276043
mail: werner.vanzyl AT yahoo.com

Location: Bike is kept in Yzerfontein, Western Cape in a garage at my holiday home - The bike can be viewed there or trailered to Port Elizabeth for very interested parties. I’m based in Port Elizabeth now.

Pictures and a list of all the extras (The last picture) and spares supplied to follow, I’ll let the pictures talk for themselves:

PS - My 2012 990 Adventure R in genuine showroom condition (with an inappropriate amount of extras) with only 12000km was sold to a member here - If needed I can put you in touch with him for an independent opinion on the quality of my bikes and me as a seller.

Link to my KTM 990 R that was sold a while back: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=234210.msg4208891#msg4208891