My Fooooook Rietbron; will I ever get to see you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIMMO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
A few of the local guys wanted to do a trip to the coast and do some site seeing along the R62.  I was keen to go but would take an alternative route down. 
Yamaha660, Tampan and I would stick to gravel and Hein & Johlan would take the N1 to get to Beaufort West where Wynand would meet up with them.
The first stop would be Prins Albert, we would all meet up there again.
The week before the trip we had some proper rain.  Even the day before we left we still had heavy downpours.

I personally would have left Colesberg with a smile  :biggrin:  even if we had to start the trip in pouring rains – it is DRY in our part of the country  :-\ and we had forgotten what rains looked like. When our first rains came I had to search for the controls to my wipers in the bakkie. :deal: 
The day before we left yamaha660 came down with a cold and withdrew.

We left Colesberg the Tuesday morning. Lood and I at 07:00 and the other two would hit the N1 at 08:00. 

Fate however saw Lood and me back in Colesberg after only 12km with Lood’s clutch losing pressure.  :patch:
It was however only a fluid issue and we only needed some mineral oil and to bleed the system – ja right; in Colesberg  :pot: – we opted for baby oil after a quick call to Cocky.
By 08:00 as we set off we ran into the other 2.  We all left at the same time.

The roads were a pleasure, no dust and plenty of water to negotiate.

Locally the wildlife & eco tourism business is taking off.

The farm roads are not getting the attention they need and a lot of the motorhekke look like this, issues at speed and without warning signs.

I lost my headlight guard in a splash and luckily Tampan saw it and picked it up.  Thx for that  :thumleft:

In Hanover we filled up.

We met this lady with plenty of tattoos on her way to CT, despite the looks she was quite chatty.  :bueller:

We had a look around.  Nice to see people starting businesses in some small towns.

I plotted a route from Hanover to the west of Nieu Bethesda going down to Graaff Reinet, it was a gem.  Plenty of water and with that some very slippery sections. 

This farmer shared my thoughts on the state of motorhekke  :peepwall: :pot: :imaposer: :imaposer: