How to Canadian- We're making the move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillin_in_bots

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Now that flights are booked, it has become a daunting reality. We're emigrating too.

On the 26h of March we'll be flying out, destined for Lloydminster in Alberta. It's been a long process and we started with things two years ago. We've moved around a fair bit and have had to adapt more than a couple of times- so we're looking at it as an adventure that will have great times, challenges and more than a couple of tears and laughs! I'm from JHB, lived in Botswana for 9 years and have been back in JHB for about 4 years. My wife was born in the UK, grew up in Botswana and Zim and then completed her studies in Aus. She's got a couple of passports after all the trouble but we'll like to keep those as a plan B. All I have access to is the faithful Green Mamba and the priority is for me to get another passport. Canada currently has a huge immigration drive and they have simplified the process to being all online. It's not a walk in the park though.

I'll like to extend my thanks to the support of the fellow dogs (especially Immigrant) through this process and will happily pay it forward. Anyone heading over that way- get in touch!

This thread is going to be here to document the huge unknown of the cold, wet, white stuff and to answer the simple questions like "Where does your dog SH!T?"