Adventure boots - what's good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I'm thinking of buying some of these adventure boots ....................... coz I'm getting soft  ::)

For years, in fact forever, I've been wearing MX boots. They're great, offer max protection, balh blah .......... I've got a proper pair, SG10s, but they have some distinct disadvantages.

First one being, they are not boots made for walking, as in wandering around a town or a bit of veld, like you would do with hiking boots or similar. I'm talking more than 1km here.

Second, they've got flat soles with no tread. Great for using on the bike but crap when you want grip when paddling, climbing or walking around like a normal human being.

I've been looking at these adventure type boots and wondering whether it's worth buying a pair or maybe buying something else. Ankle protection is a must AND they must be long enough to cover the bottom of my knee braces, when I use them. Real tread on the bottom is also a must. Waterproof not an issue, I like water  :thumleft:

So, what say yous lot? What's good? Or, more importantly, what's crap?