WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
As I have posted in ' PLANNING A RIDE' I am making plans to ride to Southern Angola in December this year end , So lost of time to tie up the possible problems . The trip is around 5000 kilos there and back , We will make use of B&B accommodation for this trip . If I could convince a couple of KTM riders to join and being in the trade , we mite be able to swing some sponsorship for the trip in Lew of social media report back . May be get some of the cost of preparing the bikes for the trip sponsored , s well as tires , but this still has to be negotiated , Ned some riders to join . open two pillion as well .
Plan so far (basic) leave Johannesburg on the morning of 20 December and ride to Kang in Botswana , next  day to Windhoek , from Windhoek to Otiwarogo , and then to Ruacana ,  croos the border into Angola , ride to Caluque and then a bit of good dirt road to the main road and on to Lubango , here we will base camp , go ride the amazing Serra del leba pass , down to Namibe , swim in the sea and ride back . Plan is to spen maybe two day in Angola , possibly celebrate new year and then hit the road home . should be home around the 5 jan .

All cost are for your own pocket , But need to commit to the trip so that when I start making accommodation bookings I will know the numbers that require a room . The trip is also open to anybody that would like to ride along for part of it , you are also welcome to join up from Say Windhoek and ride all the way or only to RuacanaI am aware that December can be hot in Ovamboland , also aware that it is a common time for peolpe to go on family holidays , but this could be a once in a lifetime adventure !
If keen add your name to the post . Would hate to not be able to go and a long trip like this alone could be the handbrake that cancels it .