A misty Sunday ride in the Jura mountains between France and Switzerland...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kejago

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
A misty Sunday ride...

There is usually a view here. You will have to use your imagination and imagine rolling hills, with some mountains, and the Mont Blanc in the background. This photo was tacken on the road right outside my house.
392278608_DuH9z-XL.jpg

I live on this hill, just over on the other side. The little French country roads that I love to explore...
392303632_UWgPk-L.jpg

Today I will not follow the little farm road... maybe next time. It is hunting season here currently, and venturing into the woods might be a health hazard. Especially after all the Pastis these "hunters" like to enjoy.
392285377_RwDBA-L.jpg

Instead, I head around the misty "Vuache" mountain, direction Switzerland to meet up with a friend who lives just accross the border. Visibility keeps dropping, and soon it feels like I am riding through light rain. Automn mist.
392292410_Kn9JC-L.jpg

Fruit trees are going to loose all their leaves soon...
392302084_Da66W-L.jpg

Headed up into the Jura mountains between Switzerland and France. There were not too many places to stop on this road, but when the sun broke through the mist, the colours were really neat.
392349421_mXske-L.jpg

392340343_fo5Uy-XL.jpg

Heading down towards Geneva... soon these trees will change colour too...
392373368_YCdEE-L.jpg

and look more like this:
392370008_FRSQC-L.jpg

392356935_qWhgD-L.jpg

Unfortunately the "colours" season only lasts a few weeks. Maybe the weather will be favourible for another Sunday ride to enjoy the automn colours...