Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Load shedding and the economy  (Read 3586 times)

Online TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Load shedding and the economy
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2019, 11:11:57 am »
oh ok I hear you, I feel sorry for the guys buying in new developments near me, they are paying on prepaid which is the biggest rip off known to man. Some folks are paying R1500 a month in a tiny apartment and from what i'm hearing some people are paying even higher.

Well it seems to have been a fantastic recovery for Eskom, after getting their big increase the lights are on and staying on... I wonder if there will be any cuts this winter

AFAIK pre-paid costs the same as post-paid, at least in Tshwane it does

+1.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2019, 11:14:01 am »

don't fuck up a good story with the truth...

:lol8:  you're on a roll again today  :lol8:  liked your post about white and right handed  :imaposer:

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2019, 11:24:24 am »
:lol8:  you're on a roll again today  :lol8:  liked your post about white and right handed  :imaposer:

kak.
i just checked.
i am on 108 likes in total,  and NOBODY liked that post.
:middlefinger:

Online TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2019, 12:00:47 pm »

I thought that was really kak.  He shot be shot for making that post.  At least taken to Human Rights Court.  Me being left handed and all.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2019, 03:38:29 pm »

kak.
i just checked.
i am on 108 likes in total,  and NOBODY liked that post.

look again!  ;) :biggrin:

:middlefinger:

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2019, 03:39:53 pm »

I thought that was really kak.  He shot be shot for making that post.  At least taken to Human Rights Court.  Me being left handed and all.

hmmmmm  :deal: :biggrin:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2019, 03:48:58 pm »
oh ok I hear you, I feel sorry for the guys buying in new developments near me, they are paying on prepaid which is the biggest rip off known to man. Some folks are paying R1500 a month in a tiny apartment and from what i'm hearing some people are paying even higher.

Well it seems to have been a fantastic recovery for Eskom, after getting their big increase the lights are on and staying on... I wonder if there will be any cuts this winter

Pre paid here seems to differ depending on who the pre paid meters are supplied by,  also depends on how many units you buy, the date in the month you buy also makes a difference

The issues seem to be in the new developments , I belong to a few body corporates and the variance in electricity price is sometimes scary
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2019, 05:01:52 pm »

Pre paid here seems to differ depending on who the pre paid meters are supplied by,  also depends on how many units you buy, the date in the month you buy also makes a difference

The issues seem to be in the new developments , I belong to a few body corporates and the variance in electricity price is sometimes scary

most councils have block tariffs for electricity and water - below is the one Tshwane uses for both pre- and post-paid - very few people on facebook seem grasp it and are forever complaining when they buy for the 2nd time in a month

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2019, 07:29:38 pm »
That water table makes no sense to me ?
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2019, 08:12:25 pm »
That water table makes no sense to me ?

why?

edit: ignore the 200kl/day - I didn't even see it  ;D  it should obviously read 200l/day
and I realise the steps have an unknown jump of 1kl....... pen pushers!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:17:09 pm by Bundu »

Online KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2019, 10:15:53 pm »
The sliding scale logic fails when the period dont get read in 30d cycles and when usage gets estimate.  Estimations is always higher, which pushes one into a higher scale.  Next month’s correction does not cater for this.

You cant use a sliding scale if you dont measure in exact 30d cycles or use estimations.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2019, 10:40:02 pm »
The sliding scale logic fails when the period dont get read in 30d cycles and when usage gets estimate.  Estimations is always higher, which pushes one into a higher scale.  Next month’s correction does not cater for this.

You cant use a sliding scale if you dont measure in exact 30d cycles or use estimations.
if you're billed 12 times per year, there's no massive difference - what you lose in the over readings, you gain in the next reduced readings

Online KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2019, 10:47:39 pm »
So you agree the figures will be wrong, you are saying it will not be wrong by much?

Online Bie

• Local Mods
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Winners never quit, Quitters never win.
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2019, 11:48:10 pm »
From 11 April we face drastic power cuts again locally. Electricity is sold by the municipality via prepaid meters, so all electricity is paid for prior to it being loaded onto your meter. The money however was not paid over to Eskom with the result of them being in arrears to the tune of around R85 mil.
From 11 April our power will now be cut by Eskom for up to 14 hours a day, while we, the consumer, has paid our dues in full. There will be many unhappy people, you might even see us on the news.
Kom ons maak 'n stoffie.

Online KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2019, 07:31:27 am »
Source?

Online Bie

• Local Mods
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Winners never quit, Quitters never win.
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2019, 07:35:46 am »
Source?
Are you refering to my post? If so, leaflets, municipal communication and newspaper articles. Will see if I can post it
Kom ons maak 'n stoffie.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2019, 09:30:08 am »

most councils have block tariffs for electricity and water - below is the one Tshwane uses for both pre- and post-paid - very few people on facebook seem grasp it and are forever complaining when they buy for the 2nd time in a month

Im not surprised that people get confused

If i look at Eskoms billing for example. I have a house in the suburbs, my Network Capacity charge is R85 a month or about R3 a day another house I own about 8km away is R275.39 per month, the only difference between the 2 houses is one is in a security complex, I cant even figure out how the network charges work.

All i know is that here in the Cape it seems to differ drastically , If i ever figure it out ill let you know

At the end of the day I still think our electricity is fairly cheap compared to the rest of the world , my house with a borehole and swimming pool with a granny flat only uses about R200 - R250 a week in electricity.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2019, 10:14:32 am »
So you agree the figures will be wrong, you are saying it will not be wrong by much?

good question, when I have a bit of time, I'll draw up a spreadsheet and do some simulations, but I would guess not more than 1 or 2%

edit: what are your units per month roughly for summer and for winter?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 10:24:43 am by Bundu »

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2019, 10:23:46 am »

Im not surprised that people get confused

If i look at Eskoms billing for example. I have a house in the suburbs, my Network Capacity charge is R85 a month or about R3 a day another house I own about 8km away is R275.39 per month, the only difference between the 2 houses is one is in a security complex, I cant even figure out how the network charges work.

All i know is that here in the Cape it seems to differ drastically , If i ever figure it out ill let you know

At the end of the day I still think our electricity is fairly cheap compared to the rest of the world , my house with a borehole and swimming pool with a granny flat only uses about R200 - R250 a week in electricity.

Tshwane only has the capacity charge for its bigger connections - capacity charge is actually a demand charge and should be based on the cost to supply the maximum electricity used in any 30 or 60 min period - this would include the equipment and what eskom charges the council for maximum demand
When you pay a capacity charge, your units (kWh) should be cheaper than the guy who doesn't pay the charge

At the old Iscor pretoria works, that bought their power from Tshwane, we had a maximum demand controller that shut down our furnaces at certain times in order to stay within the targetted maximum demand for the month - on these large supplies, the elec bill was roughly half for capacity and half for energy, so it was worth managing the capacity

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2019, 10:26:31 am »
From 11 April we face drastic power cuts again locally. Electricity is sold by the municipality via prepaid meters, so all electricity is paid for prior to it being loaded onto your meter. The money however was not paid over to Eskom with the result of them being in arrears to the tune of around R85 mil.
From 11 April our power will now be cut by Eskom for up to 14 hours a day, while we, the consumer, has paid our dues in full. There will be many unhappy people, you might even see us on the news.
It is time you start paying your elec bills in a account and not the mislikepaliteit. If everyone starts doing it Eskom will start collecting the money from said accounts instead of muni. :deal:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za