Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Sad news - biker hit a kudu outside Kimberley  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Eendstop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • "I ache in places I used to play"
Sad news - biker hit a kudu outside Kimberley
« on: March 19, 2019, 08:19:51 am »
https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/northern-cape/pics-biker-killed-in-kudu-crash-19963428

Be VERY careful riding at night!

And why the police is in dire trouble "The Kimberley police on Monday confirmed that a culpable homicide case was being investigated following the incident."

Really? Against the dead kudu? Why don't they have the savvy to realise that it was an accident not to be investigated? - they waste resources!!! Both rider and kudu are dead and there was an eye witness! Because of such mindlessness the country is in such a sad state  :sip:
There is a crack in everything
that is how the light gets in
L.Cohen: Anthem

Offline Grunder

• Muscles can't buy mad dog!
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
Re: Sad news - biker hit a kudu outside Kimberley
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:49 am »
Sorry to hear that  :-\

Yeah biking on the open road at night is very risky.  Good vision is a biker's best friend.

Knew a girl Pandora once, never got to see her box though...

Offline iamgigglz

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • The Hula hoop is Dead. Long live the Hula hoop.
    • Good Dog Computers
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 08:27:58 am »
Tragic, but yes, I'm also confused as to why "a culpable homicide case was being investigated"  :patch:
www.GoodDogComputers.co.za

Bensien - Wife came home today with a Samsung 3D LED TV and 3D Blue Ray player with built in wi-fi and 1TB hard drive. What else do I need?
Kaboef - A cheaper wife.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:30:30 am »
Possibly against the owner of the kudu.

RIP
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline TheBear

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 08:30:53 am »
https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/northern-cape/pics-biker-killed-in-kudu-crash-19963428

Be VERY careful riding at night!

And why the police is in dire trouble "The Kimberley police on Monday confirmed that a culpable homicide case was being investigated following the incident."

Really? Against the dead kudu? Why don't they have the savvy to realise that it was an accident not to be investigated? - they waste resources!!! Both rider and kudu are dead and there was an eye witness! Because of such mindlessness the country is in such a sad state  :sip:

R.I.P  biker.

The case being investigated will be to see if the kudu belonged to someone and if so, why it was on the road, i.e. a lack of proper fencing, etc.  Investigating an unnatural death is standard practice and I for one, are very happy to see that they still follow the practice.   :sip: :sip:
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Grunder

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 08:33:12 am »
I see now in the article it wasn't even that late when they were riding.

The problem with Kudus are that they can leap over almost any fence with ease.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 08:34:26 am »
Korrek.

If you know a little about Kudu, you would know that you can't fence them in.....
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 08:38:17 am »
Korrek.

If you know a little about Kudu, you would know that you can't fence them in.....

True.  Almost impossible, so if you do own kudus, you had better have proper game fences, especially if you live next to a main road.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 08:42:10 am »
Korrek.

True.  Almost impossible, so if you do own kudus, you had better have proper game fences, especially if you live next to a main road.

It will serve no purpose - who owns the Kudu that walked in the road? No one will be able to prove where it came from, no matter the fencing. This is just silly business from the authorities.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 09:31:19 am »
Korrek.

It will serve no purpose - who owns the Kudu that walked in the road? No one will be able to prove where it came from, no matter the fencing. This is just silly business from the authorities.

I have to disagree.  Our law requires that any and all unnatural deaths be investigated.  It is an important law which we should be happy when it is still in operation.  It will be a sad day for our legal system, already wobbly as it is, if we reach a point where a cop at an accident scene decides whether there is a case, or not. 
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Niks ry so lekker soos my rice crispy bike nie.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 09:35:57 am »
The case being investigated will be to see if the kudu belonged to someone and if so, why it was on the road, i.e. a lack of proper fencing, etc.  Investigating an unnatural death is standard practice and I for one, are very happy to see that they still follow the practice.   :sip: :sip:

I see your point and agree but...

Nobody owns a Kudu, you merely have it on your land if it chooses to be there.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline PTS

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 09:40:40 am »
RIP

Offline TheBear

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 09:40:48 am »

I see your point and agree but...

Nobody owns a Kudu, you merely have it on your land if it chooses to be there.

Yep.  If nobody owns the kudu, then there is no case.  So, if there is no game farm in the area it would be a quick and easy investigation.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 09:43:21 am »
Sad but true that there's nothing to be investigated.
About two years ago a guy hit a kudu on the way to Harties on a Panigale - early morning and clear daylight.......it's just the nature of Kudus to jump fences ( as said above )

Offline Grunder

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 09:44:27 am »

I just remembered the story/joke from Trevor Noah.  People got hit by lightning at a funeral.

The minister said the next day he would investigate where this lightning comes from  :lol8:

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 10:03:52 am »

I just remembered the story/joke from Trevor Noah.  People got hit by lightning at a funeral.

The minister said the next day he would investigate where this lightning comes from  :lol8:

This "investigation" seems just as silly.

Offline Eendstop

• "I ache in places I used to play"
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 10:06:44 am »

I have to disagree.  Our law requires that any and all unnatural deaths be investigated.  It is an important law which we should be happy when it is still in operation.  It will be a sad day for our legal system, already wobbly as it is, if we reach a point where a cop at an accident scene decides whether there is a case, or not.
[/quote]

All unnatural deaths have to be investigated. Therefore the correct procedure in this case would be to open an inquest docket, NOT a culpable homicide. It shows how the police fail training and is let loose on the public. I did my 'army' in the police in the 1970's. We got proper academic training and these stupidities would not have happened.
There is a crack in everything
that is how the light gets in
L.Cohen: Anthem

Offline TheBear

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:14:47 am »

All unnatural deaths have to be investigated. Therefore the correct procedure in this case would be to open an inquest docket, NOT a culpable homicide. It shows how the police fail training and is let loose on the public. I did my 'army' in the police in the 1970's. We got proper academic training and these stupidities would not have happened.
[/quote]

Let us try to avoid debating semantics, especially of words we read in a newspaper article as we have no idea how correct that was.  Lets also agree to disagree.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:17:36 am by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:41:41 am »
Possibly against the owner of the kudu.

RIP
Kudu's are not owned as they move over any wires. :eek7:

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 11:22:57 am »
Korrek.

TheBear is 100% correct. Inquest docket opened by the SAPS, on which a Magistrate will have to make a finding. This is very important, not only for insurance purposes but also for the deceased's estate.....

The following users thanked this post: TheBear