Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Sad news - biker hit a kudu outside Kimberley  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Vintage_Mania

Re: Sad news - biker hit a kudu outside Kimberley
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 01:07:18 pm »
TheBear is 100% correct. Inquest docket opened by the SAPS, on which a Magistrate will have to make a finding. This is very important, not only for insurance purposes but also for the deceased's estate.....

Who was disputing an inquest? We where debating semantics and not agreeing to disagree. Seeing as the nearest farmer will be charged with culpable homicide.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 01:16:01 pm »
TheBear is 100% correct. Inquest docket opened by the SAPS, on which a Magistrate will have to make a finding. This is very important, not only for insurance purposes but also for the deceased's estate.....

Who was disputing an inquest? We where debating semantics and not agreeing to disagree. Seeing as the nearest farmer will be charged with culpable homicide.

sorry, I only saw your later post now. I am sure no farmer will be charged with culpable homicide.

Man has places in his heart which do not yet exist, and into them enters suffering in order that they may have existence.  Léon Bloy

Offline TheBear

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 01:22:34 pm »

sorry, I only saw your later post now. I am sure no farmer will be charged with culpable homicide.

Agreed.   

@Vintage_Mania.  Why do you believe the nearest farmer will be charged?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:28:24 pm by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 01:32:23 pm »

Precisely why it is seen as total waste of time and the usual SAPS silly business...."a case of culpable homicide is being investigated" according to the article.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 01:41:32 pm »
@Vintage_Mania , if this biker had hit a lion just outside Sutherland, would you have said the same thing?
.#BRADICAL!

Offline funky_munky

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 02:34:40 pm »
This guy must have been hauling to spread the accident scene over 150 meters...

Africa Twin CRF1000 and KTM 690 - Aaaah yeah, perfect combo....

Offline 2wdrift

• Bike: Honda XR650R
  • KLR Flip...
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 08:52:15 pm »
If you ride at 120, that is 33.333 meters every second. If you crash at 120 and the bike slides on the metal bit over tar I can see it doing 150m.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

XR650R the one and only
Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.  ~Stirling Moss

Don't worry my stutter is also bilingual...

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 09:25:48 pm »
If you ride at 120, that is 33.333 meters every second. If you crash at 120 and the bike slides on the metal bit over tar I can see it doing 150m.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Laaitie living  in our suburb was whacked on the rear wheel by a dimwit on his cellphone, both doing around 60k... his skin left a 65m mark in the street. He will now always wear his jacket. :sip:

Offline Odd Dog

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 05:47:12 am »
Standard procedure to open a case of CH if there is a human death.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 06:08:25 am »

Not according to a police Colonel I asked and I quote verbatim:

"State as per Inquest docket. Kan altyd later na strafbare manslag en of moord verander as daar tekens van foul play was."

Offline Eendstop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • "I ache in places I used to play"
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 06:36:15 am »

Not according to a police Colonel I asked and I quote verbatim:

"State as per Inquest docket. Kan altyd later na strafbare manslag en of moord verander as daar tekens van foul play was."

Correct! Not semantics, something different! It shows the imcompetence currently rife everywhere. Someone asked how it is a waste of resources. Initiating an incorrect process need to be rectified which takes resources which would have been unnecessary had the job been done right from the start. Really? Is that difficult to grasp?
There is a crack in everything
that is how the light gets in
L.Cohen: Anthem