VISARENDE ON A JOL (SOME IN SAND)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
Wifey and I are seriously training for our upcoming trip to Northern Namibia with Hardy and company.  I always and still believe the best practice is to get as much as possible saddle time in to prepare for such a trip. 
We did some saddle time for the last month or so.  We however need a zillion more and then we need to do training in some sort of sand.  I am comfortable with sand riding, but for wifey it will be a new adventure and she will have to learn from scratch. 

Some phone calls later a very friendly man / farmer confirmed that he has just the place for us.  A river bed on his farm.  A date was set and we were heading into the Karoo, both to get more time in the saddle and to get the much needed practice in the sand.

Day 1 King William's Town heading west into the Karoo.  361km.

We started the day early, we like to ride with the fresh morning breeze and before the traffic is to hectic, then we are onto the gravel. 

It was places very misty, so much so that it was tricky to read the gravel at places with all the mist on our visors. 

Some photos of our early departure.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 473
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 475
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 460
  • 5.jpg