Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KALAHARI RALLY 2019-PRESENTATION EVENING - C.T. 29/3/2019  (Read 143 times)

Offline Garth Roberts

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • RR500XC-RALLYE
KALAHARI RALLY 2019-PRESENTATION EVENING - C.T. 29/3/2019
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:07:36 pm »
HI ALL

THERE WILL BE PRESENTATION EVENING, 6PM FRIDAY NIGHT, 29 MARCH 2018
@ EDDY TO RACE...FOR RALLY & ADVENTURE GUYS!

KR19 HAS AN ADVENTURE CLASS WITH GPS TRACKS, STARTING BEHIND RALLY GUYS,
BUT WITH ALL THE SAME RALLY & SAFETY SUPPORT AS THE RALLY GUYS!

ADVENTURE RAID CLASS IS FOR ADVENTURE BIKES AND STANDARD 4X4's.
THERE' A LOT MORE DETAIL TO THIS.
JOIN US AT EDDY TO RACE, TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN EXPERIENCE THE KALAHARI RALLY  2019
WITHOUT HAVING TO RACE IT!

SEE YOU THERE!!!

www.kalaharirally.com
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:10:35 pm by Garth Roberts »

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
Re: KALAHARI RALLY 2019-PRESENTATION EVENING - C.T. 29/3/2019
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 06:54:50 am »
BUMP
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S3354.712 E01828.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S3354.712 E01828.208

Offline Buff

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 06:59:26 am »
I'll try make it, that adventure class sounds rather appealing  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Garth Roberts

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • RR500XC-RALLYE
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 09:02:51 am »
KTM DURBAN Presentation was mostly Adventure guys and they were VERY exited to be part of a rally
and ride ALL thee Stages without having to race.

HOPE TO SEE YOU TONIGHT! :) :thumleft:

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 10:07:40 am »
All I can say is that we need to advertise this type of thing better. (I dont know how :-[ )

Anyone remotely interested in rallying missed out on a golden opportunity to learn more about the sport.  It might take a few years to get the word out there for this to be a major spectacle in the SA motorsport scene.

Martin and Johnathan? (ek en my kort geheue- help as ek verkeerd is) talked about their experience during KR18.  I must say even thou I followed the event on social media I was impressed with the feedback ( Garth, miskien was hulle bang om die speelgoed uit die bed te gooi terwyl jy daar staan.  >:D  )

NO IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I THINK THIS COULD BECOME A GREAT EVENT ON THE SA CALENDAR.

Looking at the history of similar events in SA (good and bad) it was to be expected that the inaugural event one was under a bit (lot) of pressure.  I hope the success of the first event will result in larger entrant numbers.  This will first, ensure the future of the event and second, keep the entry fee in check. (I hope)

Side note:
As events for the 'Adventure' class in the sport was tried a few times in SA and always failed I was (note the word WAS) skeptical about its inclusion in the event.  On the way back home it dawned on me that this could be a MASSIVE introduction to the sport.  For an entrance fee of about R 10 000.00 per person 4 people can enjoy an experience of a lifetime in a standard 4X4.  If only 5% of those result in repeat or 'upgrade' entries it will grow the sport dramatically just by word of mouth.

*** EDIT ***
Just to clarify a bit.
The adventure class consists of TWO sub classes.
Auto - 4 wheel dune ready vehicles. 
Moto -  Any offroad capable bike that basically have a tail/brake light and can do 250km per tank.

They will ride EXACT same track as the main competitors but GPS only. (I have never ridden GPS only so still need to find out how that works)  Will leave after the last bike competitor.  By now any sandy track will be well and truly churned up and there will be lots of tracks (right and wrong ones).
*** END EDIT ***

Pic 1.  The speakers.

To Garth and the team: keep up the good work to get an affordable rally in RSA.

Lastly,  why am I so passionate about the sport.  I entered one Amageza and one Baja and had to withdraw both times due to reasons outside my control.  During that time I heavily invested in the research, design and manufacture of rally instruments. There are still two things outstanding for me (and time is running out) Complete one event and sell rally instruments at an affordable price to get more entrants in order to grow the sport.

I gotta go now, moet planne gaan maak.

Adie
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:41:45 am by Weedkiller - Adie »
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline Rickus

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 10:23:14 am »
subscribed.....it is unfortunately over the same period as the annual Oranjemund rally, but the Adventure class sounds REALLY TEMPTING!!!

OMVAL EN OPTEL.....

Offline Buff

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 03:57:54 pm »
That Adventure class sounds really amazing for someone not interested in being competitive but with this rally being only 2 weeks after Tankwa there's just no way I can stretch my bucks (and leave) so far  :-[

All the best Garth, judging from the feedback you have taken rally to the next level in SA, I really hope you get the numbers required to make this an annual event going forward :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 03:11:15 pm »
That Adventure class sounds really amazing for someone not interested in being competitive but with this rally being only 2 weeks after Tankwa there's just no way I can stretch my bucks (and leave) so far  :-[

All the best Garth, judging from the feedback you have taken rally to the next level in SA, I really hope you get the numbers required to make this an annual event going forward :thumleft:

I'm really sorry I messed this , kicking myself

A lot of guys don't want to get into a rally because like me we cant navigate, riding is not the issue, the navigation is, if they could do one or 2 roadbook training days then guys will migrate from GPS to Roadbook as an alternative I would love to do an event with a roadbook and with a GPS, in other words enter into the Adventure class with a roadbook to get the experience and confidence to possibly compete the next year

Just a thought
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0