Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge 2019  (Read 465 times)

Offline corne.l

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Say what?
Re: Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 01:02:56 pm »

Volg iemand die rally of mors ek my data? 

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Gooi ... ons kyk saam ... Dankie
in vino veritas, in cervesio felicitas

Yamaha XT1200Z (2010) - SOLD
Yamaha XT660Z (2009) - SOLD
BMW F650GS Dakar (2004) - SOLD

Offline Takashi

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 01:58:25 pm »
Gooi links van waar jy volg dan help ek.

Good luck Kenisis!

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 02:05:11 pm »
Gooi links van waar jy volg dan help ek.

Good luck Kenisis!
Dankie Takashi.

http://tracking.sporttraxx.com/races/addc-2019/

Well........ 1 and 2 for Honda today.

Nacho won the stage and are currently overall in 2nd.  Well done young man!

From his FB page:

Victoria de etapa en el segundo día de carrera y nos movemos al 2do de la General del Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge . 3 etapas más por correr, a seguir dándole .
Gracias a los que muestran su apoyo .
-
Stage win today and we move to 2nd Overall. 3 more days of racing, let’s keep it coming .

#AbuDhabiDesertChallenge #KeepPushing

Kenisis also safe and finished the stage well.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:06:08 pm by Kobus Myburgh »
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 03:06:26 pm »
#ADDC @NachoCornejo (Honda) won this hard 2nd Stage in 3h13'21 and is now second @the general with 51" behind Sam Sunderland!
“Again today it was tough windy conditions, this was whipping the sand up in the air making visibility low. In the last 30km I was riding in a group with Sam & Andy over the flat sections to the finish. This made the ride quicker, possibly making up some time for me.”

#ADDC  In the second position of the SS2 we find Joan Barreda (Honda) who was more lucky today after having problem with the pump yesterday.
“Today was very hard. I had some pain at the beginning which affected my rhythm and then I had a small accident and came off. But it was ok. I carried on and I am happy with my time.”

#ADDC Husqvarna's rider, Andrew Short finish the SS2 (222,80 km) in 3h16'19 in 3rd postion and he's also 3rd @ the overall.
“Today was more difficult than yesterday with more drops in the dunes, I had to be careful and with the wind again there was a lot of sand in my goggles.”

Luciano Benavides (KTM) is 4th of the day in 3h16'51 and @ the general.
“Really tough and long day over the dunes today but definitely better than yesterday, I was able to see the dunes. It was still windy though so I had to slow down and deal with sand in my eyes. I learnt a lot today as I was riding by myself so I had to trust my bike and navigation.”

#ADDC Sam Sunderland (KTM) finish 5th the SS2 in 3h19'16 but still leading the race 51" in front of Nacho Cornejo (Honda)
“I had a really good day today, there was quite a lot of wind which made it hard to concentrate. It was a very different stage to yesterdays and I'm looking forward to another day of the Desert Challenge.”

#ADDC Kevin Benavides (HONDA)
Crashed into a dune and hurt his shoulder. Obviously in a bit of pain and raced back to the bivouac.

"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2019, 04:17:16 pm »

-David Livingstone-

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
Re: Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge 2019
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 06:34:43 pm »
Comment from Joan Barreda:

Stage Report - Etapa 2   Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge

Un día importante, y muy duro para mí. Al inicio no tenía mucha confianza, pero he ido a mejor y he podido alcanzar un buen ritmo de carrera. Lástima de la última parte, donde me he quedado enganchado en una duna y me he vuelto a resentir de las costillas. He decidido bajar un poco el ritmo para llegar seguro hasta el final. De todas formas, estoy contento con cómo he llevado el día a pesar de las dificultades.

#AbuDhabiDesertChallene

-David Livingstone-

Offline YamaV

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 06:56:11 pm »
Dankie!  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2019, 06:13:34 am »
Dankie!  :thumleft: :thumleft:
Plesier.

And they're off, Cornejo opening the field today.  I really hope his navigation holds up today.

-David Livingstone-

Offline chopperpilot

• Afrikaans...Dis my taal! Engels...Dit verstaan ek ook!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Jack of all Trades... Master of Some."
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2019, 06:32:51 am »
Stunning pics! :thumleft:

Dankie Kobus! ;)
Current Bikes : KTM 990 R, KTM 500 XCW

End of an Era : Suzuki DR 650 SE, Husqvarna 610 TE

Offline corne.l

• Say what?
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2019, 07:07:57 am »
I see Joan Barreda is unfortunately riding with an injury.

So does this mean he was riding with that same injury here in RSA?

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 07:10:22 am »

No he was fine here. He fractured his ribs in practice when he got back.

-David Livingstone-

Offline corne.l

• Say what?
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 07:21:44 am »

No he was fine here. He fractured his ribs in practice when he got back.

:thumleft:

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 07:36:16 am »
The 2 HRC team mates riding together for a while now.

Sunderland flying!

-David Livingstone-

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2019, 07:50:45 am »
Looks like Kenisis have a problem.  Either that or his tracker is not working.  Holding thumbs it's the latter.

-David Livingstone-

Offline gser

• Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2019, 08:13:58 am »
 . . .dankie Kobus  !

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2019, 05:14:28 pm »
Today's results:

From Nacho's FB page:

8vo en el tercer día de carrera del Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge y vamos 3ro en la Clasificación General. Hoy tocó abrir pista largando primero, así que se esperaba perder algunos minutos en la etapa, mañana toca largar desde atrás así que saldremos a recuperar . Gracias a los que hacen el aguante !
-
8th place on today stage and move to 3rd Overall. Had to open the way today so i kinda expected to lose some minutes, tomorrow we start from the back so we will push to recover some time .

#AbuDhabiDesertChallenge #GoForIt

-David Livingstone-

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2019, 05:21:21 pm »
Some comments from the riders after the stage:

#ADDC @SamSunderland (KTM) 1st in 4h08'31 and 1st at the overall with more than 12' on Luciano Benavides (KTM).
“Today's stage was tough but it's never easy in this desert. I pushed until refuel to catch everyone. You always have to be strategic and it's never done until it's done. Anything can up to the finish line.”

#AbuDhabiDesertChallenge Kevin Benavides (Honda) is 2nd behind Sunderland in 4h03'18 and 'th at the general.
“I had a really tough stage and I was trying as best as I could. I came in to the competition after a broken shoulder and rib so pushing through the pain has been difficult. I felt a lot more comfortable today so let's see how I feel tomorrow.”

#ADDC @AaronMare (KTM), the winner of the Dubai Baja, finished 3rd today.
“This stage was super-fast with massive dunes. Plus, I was riding alongside other competitors for most of it, making it that much sweeter. Definitely an improvement over yesterday. I could actually see the dunes and where I was going.”

#AbuDhabiDesertChallenge
#LucianoBenavides  (KTM) 4th in 4h06'33 and 2nd at the overall  12'48 behind Sam Sunderland.
“Today was good fun. I had a little problem with the road book. A bit confusing at times. Overall much better than yesterday - bike is running very well.”

#AbuDhabiDesertChallenge
Mohammed Meshari Jaffar (KTM Duust) 5th of th SS3 in 4h08'31
“It was great stage, better than the first two for sure. Everyone was being negative talking about it on the build-up but all the conditions were great in the end.”

-David Livingstone-

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2019, 05:40:03 pm »
From the HRC website:

Kevin Benavides finished in runner-up spot today on day three of the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge. Monster Energy Honda Team riders are poised to attack from advantageous start positions for tomorrow’s penultimate day of racing.

More dunes and more sand, but the same heat and, from the first hour this morning, the same bothersome wind that has been irritating the riders. The third special was the longest of the entire rally with practically three hundred kilometres against the clock en route through the Liwa desert with certain stretches nearing the Saudi Arabian border.

The best of the Monster Energy Honda Team was Kevin Benavides. The Argentine, who took a hard shoulder blow in a fall during yesterday’s stage, set out today intent on pulling back some of the time lost. The rider reached the finish-line, on this the third day of racing, with the second best time of all the riders remaining in the race.

As the winner of yesterday’s stage, Nacho Cornejo had to lead the riders out today. The Chilean, whose start preceded that of Joan Barreda, opened the track for several kilometres until his team-mate come out of his wake to take the lead before reaching the refuelling at kilometre 185.8. Later the duo, together with three other riders, finished the special in a group. Barreda posted seventh with Nacho behind him, which places the Spaniard third in the rally’s overall standings.

If today was the longest special to be disputed, tomorrow sees the longest stage, once again in the Liwa desert. The fourth day of the race, will include 286 kilometres against the clock, with riders having to complete two liaison sections of 135 and 100 kilometres, both before and after the timed special.

Share to Facebook67Share to TwitterShare to PinterestShare to LinkedInShare to More2

Kevin Benavides

STAGE: 2nd STANDINGS: 4th

Obviously, the stage position today leaves me happy, even though I am with a broken rib and with my shoulder injured. I was able to ride a beautiful stage even though the pain persists. At least it made it worth the effort. I am pleased with the way the stage developed. I tried to focus on enjoying the bike and forgetting the insignificant stuff. For me, the goal is clear: finish the race. I want to thank the effort that the team is making right now, in this time of added difficulties.

Joan Barreda

STAGE: 7th OVERALL: 14

It was a positive day. We knew we would be riding ahead and that, in this kind of race here in Abu Dhabi, we would get caught up sooner or later. We kept up a good pace but then they caught us up and kept us in check. It has been a long stage, with many kilometres. The temperatures increased and the toughness of this race was noticeable. Nacho had a very good stage today. Tomorrow we will go back and try to set a good pace and have a good stage.

José Ignacio Cornejo

STAGE: 8th OVERALL: 3rd

Until the refuelling I was opening track although Joan was close behind. The following pack regained some time on me. In the second part, the difficulty of riding in the dunes was made greater because of the wind and the others caught me up, to finish all together. We knew that was going to happen because it was inevitable, but I tried to minimize the differences with my rivals. It was good to open the track for most of the day and I navigated well in the dunes holding a good pace. I think I will have a good starting place for tomorrow; We will try to have a good stage.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 05:41:25 pm by Kobus Myburgh »

-David Livingstone-

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2019, 06:09:47 pm »
Dankie Kobus  :thumleft:
Ek werk so 250 km van Liwa af, in die woestyn maar teen die see, naby Saudi.
Sou graag toeskouer wou wees maar werk kom eerste...... :patch:

Vandag was koeler as vorige 2 dae, en die sterk wind van vroegoggend het effens bedaar.
Egter taamlik onplesierig as die wind optel, en toestande kan binne minute heeltemal verander!  ::)
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2019, 06:38:38 pm »
Dankie Kobus  :thumleft:
Ek werk so 250 km van Liwa af, in die woestyn maar teen die see, naby Saudi.
Sou graag toeskouer wou wees maar werk kom eerste...... :patch:

Vandag was koeler as vorige 2 dae, en die sterk wind van vroegoggend het effens bedaar.
Egter taamlik onplesierig as die wind optel, en toestande kan binne minute heeltemal verander!  ::)
Gister was die wind glo misluk in die veld Sprocketbek.  Kenisis het 'n video op sy FB page van die toestande en dit lyk hectic.

Ek het gesukkel om hom vandag te volg en hom nou gevra hoe dit gaan.  Hiermee sy antwoord:

Got some really nice videos from his spectating point.

-David Livingstone-