Fork I am gatvol with the BMW rippoff!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Handle this one - my 1200ADV rolled off the fooking sidestand a few weeks back at the Darlington Dam/ Addo gate while I was opening it ... on the way to Baviaans. Broke LHS mirror top off ... otherwise really nil damage. I made a running repair that night in Steytlerville with Pratleys Steel which held till about halfway through the Kloof. At our overnight I considered another repair but opted for beer instead :D and tossed the mirror knowing it would need replacing anyway. NOW COMES THE GRIP YOUR KNEES PART ... phone my friendly dealer ... quote R740 ...FAaaaaaaaark! Grab the supersized jar of Vaseline and say OK send it up. Spares oke asks 'do you want the clamp too?' - I say no just the top end that screws in. So R50 later to get it to Gatstad and I see it has not got the attaching double nut and rubber cover. Another call and guy says 'I asked you if you wanted the clamp?' I say I thought you meant bar clamp and presumed this section was intergral - no it is extra and sorry no stock till Tuesday. OK so to cut to the chase - part now here R240 for the double nut attachment and R40 for the rubber cover condom thang to cover the nuts!!! So ONE mirror has cost me R1000 - fork them I will take it back and find some generic parts or ones taken off an insurance claim.