CONSUMER QUESTIONS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Would like to get some answers on a couple of things and then some point that just dont make sense , first off . Chainlube , What  make do you use? At the moment I use Spanjaards , chain & linkage spray but this seems to fling off badly and  it gets the rim and spokes very dirty , I have on long rides used chain wax bought from a bicycle shop and  Q20 to spray on the chain , couple of hours ride in the rain . What is the best option that also comes in a small can?
Do you take top up oil with you on a trip , or do you as I do top up before , and go slight over? So far on a 3000 k trip I have not had any problems , and very little blow by into the airbox .
Do you clean /wash your bike on trips? I take along some micro fiber cloths, and use hot water on one , then wipe down the bike , trying to get the bugs off . also gives me a chance to glance over everything to make sure bike is in good nick

And then my final question , Why do owners buy a bike and not use it? Often one sees a bike for sale , couple years old and very low kilos ,Or even a very new bike , month or so old and its for sale . I bought my 1190 ( 2014) model in December 2017 , first ride Jan 2018 , bike had less than 12000 kilos on the clock . Previous owner did about 4000 ks a year , that works out to less than350 a month and he spent big on extras , Now I am aware that not everybody has the time to go ride , but for me owning another bike was dependent on me using it at least once a month , I have racked up over 18000 kilos in the 15 months and will do maybe anther 3000 this coming weekend , I enjoy the bike , all I can say .

What your opinion on low mileage bikes for sale ? Good deal for the new owner , but why buy it to park in the garage? Or is it a status symbol? To tell friends and Family THAT YOU OWN THIS AWESOME ADVENTURE BIKE , BUT YOU DONT TAKE IT ON ADVENTURES?