Op Die Berg - Rock thrown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Saturday at around 11, we were nine bikes heading towards Katbakkies and as we approached Op Die Berg, there was a small group of people that included women, children and a late teens youngster who lobbed a large stone at the last bike in the convoy, literally right outside the town.

It hit Wayne's hand guard then came up and hit his bicep.

I give the heads up more because Wayne is a fairly skilled rider and whipped his Rally around, and chased after the now fleeing group, even when they crossed a ditch and assumed they were safe, he jumped the ditch and went into them with his bike, handing our a good few klappe along the way.

So we either have some people who have learned a lesson, or some people who will now be vengeful.

We had two ladies with us as well, I hate to think what the outcome would have been should the stone have hit one of them.

Anyway, be careful out there, I will now look at groups of people next to the road a little differently. One always assumes the farming folk in these little towns are friendly, but things like the addition of alcohol can cause them to make some stupid decisions.