SPOTS FITTED (1190)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I am not sure how others wire up spots , but in my case we used the accessory wires behind the headlight to wire up the spots , they are 10W spots , China store cheapy at R120.00 each, they do the job  , what is of a concern is that I have had a flat battery after use and not turning the handle bar mounted switch off , just the key off . Does the accessory wire stay powered , the lights are off but I think the relay could still be powered ?
I have also seen photos of owners with more than just two small spots on their bikes , How are these additional ones powered ? And again some that ride with the spots on all the time , I tend to ride during day time with only the DLR on , its in auto mode , as soon as it turns dark my main beam comes on . I also selected to the favorites " battery charge state: so I can keep tabs on the battery . normally charges at around 13.9 /14 volts . with the spots on it can drop down to about 13.7 , and this is still in spec .
All ok or do I need to change my setup ?