TO THE SEA FOR EASTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
After looking for accommodation for a Easter trip and not finding , we decided to revisit Ramsgate again , accommodation booked , bike loaded and come thusday we we ready to go. Picked up my SO around 14hoo and were off to our pit-stop at Pyramids , we like the place and have made it a regular stop over .
As we got close to DeHoek plaza I saw some rain clouds building to the left of us , but we missed them , thundering on to Villiers was a breeze , paid the toll and cresting the first rise after the plaza I could see huge clouds building to out right , coming from Frankfort side . We kept going and holding thumbs we would miss the rain , got a couple of drops, and we were past the rainstorm. Pulled into Harrismith one stop for fuel , filled up and was on the road again, as I wanted to stop at Swinburn for a milkshake . Nice place but a pit-stop for long distance coaches , so do not advise , Harrismith one stop just off the N3 better option . Checked in at Pyramid for the evening , had dinner and a drink and off to bed , early start .
Friday dawned a beut of a day and we enjoyed the sunrise over the veld , My 1190 roaring along happily . As per normal some guys want to have a dice , but they cant keep up in the corners . Mooi river was covered in mist , wet mist . but we coped with it , Filled up at the Windmill stop and back on the road again . Decided to stop for breakfast in Scottburgh , Restaurant had a problem , head chef did not pitch for work and it seamed they only had one pan , Hour Plus later we were on the road again, last 60 ks to Ramsgate . Arrived at our B&B, To early to book in , but a nice word and we got the keys , changed out of our riding gear , We had to go and collect out kays from the office , but only after 12 , decided we will go to POPEYES , a local pub for a drink , as the office is across the road . Arrived , and when I wanted to park the bike , lost my footing , crashed down, something snapped and I was man down , SO and some bikers rushed to my assistance , they picked up the bike , small scratch on the crash bar and a mark and the hand guard , I could not get up , thought I broke my leg. Eventually they got me standing , Could not put weight on my leg , Ordered some coke and they got me a bag of ice , iced the leg and it got better , One of the guys called his wife , got me some cataflam , but we had to go collect it at St Micheal's , this meant I had to ride their , get on the bike to do so ,  :eek7: :eek7:
My left leg was way to sore to get on the bike , they then parked it next to the pavement and I managed to get on , riding was fine , just had to remember not to stop using my left leg , All fine to St Micheal's  , parked and sort of slid off the bike , Hobbled inside , and with some joking from all made it to a seat , the lady gave me the meds , it HELPED A LOT .
Saturday we went to the local chemist , bought some more meds , then decided that a thigh guard would be a great help , off to the mall , dischem had and I went in to the gents to fit it on , Our new friends called and Asked if we wanted to join them , so off to St Micheals again , .
Sunday downed and it was raining , they had asked us to join them for a breakfast run , Dew to them helping me we said yes, rain was a stop and drizzle , so we rode out to Oribi view lodge for breakfast . On the way back a bit of rain again , this carried on the whole day .
Yesterday ( easter Monday ) it was time to return home , but we woke up to a drizzle , and then rain , drizzle , After breakfast we mounted up , left Ramsgate in a fine drizzle , and this just got worse as we headed towards DURBAN , lots of water across the roadway , so speed was below 100 kph , some clowns think they could go fast just to aquaplane on the road , From Toti we hit a luck , it dried up and smiles upped the pace to make up a bit of time . This was all ok to Maritzburg when the heavens open up again , and we rode in the rain from Maritzburg all the way to Alberton .
Something that we found out , was that the rain lining in the suits dont work in consistent downpours . We were wet and cold , If it was not for the heated grips I am sure I would have has frost bite on my  fingers , Around Van Reenen I am sure we were riding in ice rain . What is craze is that car drivers all hug the right lane and leave big gaps in the left between the trucks . Also saw some bad accidents on the road , think drivers are way to impatient or maybe just not qualified to be on the road , New thing that i have noticed is the amount of flats , drivers changing tires 
We had a great trip , to the South coast , WILD BUNCH MC guys that helped me , a BIG THANK YOU , To My SO thanks for always being keen to accompany me on what ever adventure I think up .
Then to all the farmers out their , If you need rain just contact me and I will  take a trip out to you , as every trip we have done this year we have ended up with a rainy day , bit of rain down , some on the way back home , but this Past weekend is the longest wettest ride I have ever had .