Oubones’s journey via Kaokoland to a new life!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oubones

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
This RR is long overdue in its writing as this journey actually started many years ago when I was in the Karoo for a few years.
Those of you that like to just watch pictures will not enjoy this RR as this is a deep story! My phone with most of my pics on got donated to Nam on this journey so pics are few.
Johan [member=12730]Dorsland[/member] brought the smells and taste of the Karoo with its lot off nothing back to my memory with his thread about his farming!
[member=15711]hardy[/member] with the Quest 2017 revived my lifelong want to go to Kaokoland and the nothing of the Namib region.
I had been caught up in a work situation where I did not get leave and “selfish” money being in short supply.
When I got a call from Hardy about my enquiries about his trip to Kaokoland in April 2019 I made a decision that enough is enough and that I need to make a change!
I am going on this trip!
Very carefull consideration used! Ja, no bike, no money but determination!
So first is family conference, wife and the rest say YES!
Ok, so what now?
Andre had just withdrawn his Klr from sale and Hardy said that is the right bike for me to use so contact was made with Andre and the convincing started!
Long story short, few weeks later he deliveres the bike with some spares to me in Hammersdale from Gauteng ( including some extras) for a very good price. Ok credit card takes some damage but I smile.
I get on the bike for the first time and take it straight through roadworthy without even washing it! ( It was sweet)
I helped a guy years ago and out of the blue I get a call for banking details as he has gotten back on his feet and wants to send me some money! Deposit for the trip just fell out of the sky!
All off this happened in a period of a few weeks.
The bike pic and to be continued.

Attachments

• 3F2534EF-C6BE-4AA2-86B8-689B5295DD17.jpeg
    3F2534EF-C6BE-4AA2-86B8-689B5295DD17.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 875