Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Kaokoland: a perspective from a pink bike  (Read 9116 times)

Offline Rooies

Re: Kaokoland: a perspective from a pink bike
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2020, 02:30:53 pm »
Thanks for a great report, @Zanie :thumleft:
After stumbling on this report in December I promptly booked and paid deposit for the May episode, can't wait!  O0
Current:     BMW R1150GS
                  Honda XR650L
Previous:   BMW R1200GSA
                  Honda XL700V

Offline MRK Miller

« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2020, 07:13:16 am »
So sorry that i pushed you to write on, but that is such a amazing place, having also experiencing it even if it was on a 4x4. If only i had known about adventure biking then. But that does not change the fact, that people like you, and all the others who do such excellent ride reports, with so many pictures and videos, allow me and people like me who for various reasons are not able to go there at this time, to experience this and other awesome destinations, eg Malawi Angola, Namibie ext. My excitement just got the best of me for a bit. Will try to not rush any one again :biggrin:. But thank you for awesome report.

Then just What action cams do you use
I would rather fall a thousand times, and keep riding, than to stop riding and never fall

Offline Zanie

• Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2020, 10:16:23 am »
Not going to lie, I also had a bit of a helmet cry on that ride down to Puros. Simply amazing
I understand why Kobus made a complete life and career change after experiencing this side of Namibia. I've never felt as I did after this holiday. It was hard to adapt back to 'normal' life.

After stumbling on this report in December I promptly booked and paid deposit for the May episode, can't wait!  O0
You won't regret it!

So sorry that i pushed you to write on
No worries. Actually it's good to have this motivation, or else the RR can so easily get relegated to the back-burner. It's also nice to know that people are still reading.

Then just What action cams do you use
Lance is better-suited to answer this question. I think it's the GoPro 7. The image stablisation on this camera is next-level. Lance recently switched video-editing software. Earlier videos were made with Hitfilm; the latest was made using DaVinci Resolve. The latest video was also colour-corrected, which means the colours should look less washed out than the previous videos.

The following users thanked this post: MRK Miller

Offline Dustman

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • We know less than what we don't know
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2020, 03:43:21 pm »
Dankie dat ons kon saamry. Dit was besonders.   :thumleft:
"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Offline MRK Miller

« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2020, 04:40:05 pm »
It is nice to share memories and adventures with the family.. The idea is to inspire the young ones. Not much on tv anyway, and o i forgot our tv does not work, accept when plugged into labtop, or dvd player 8). Working on my own report at the moment, so i have a idea of  how it goes, although i only have a few pictures, and don't have to edit so many video
I would rather fall a thousand times, and keep riding, than to stop riding and never fall