Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Biker ID required  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Quicker

Biker ID required
« on: May 08, 2019, 12:54:02 pm »
Hi Dogo’s,

I need some help trying to ID the biker in the picture.

This was at N1 Mossie gantry 30/10/2018.

If someone might know this dude, I’d like a word or two with him

Cheers,
Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Meteor

Re: Biker ID required
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 06:00:03 pm »
Jy gaan 'n beter foto moet plaas.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 06:19:44 pm »
that pic is useless - is he riding with same plates as you?

Offline Mikel89

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 08:19:42 am »
That's a KTM Super/Duke

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 08:21:13 am »
wow, are people still getting e-toll accounts?
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Quicker

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 10:40:56 am »
Unfortunately that is the pic that we have.
I was hoping that there are dogs that commute this route who might recognize said biker.
Same plates as my parents Caravan, now they sit with the schlep of sorting this out.
I know it is small money but old folks are paranoid sometimes.

Offline JohnB

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 10:48:16 am »
Might it be a fault by the Lic department issuing duplicates?

Hope they get the matter resolved soonest  :thumleft:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 12:19:22 pm »
I was hoping that there are dogs that commute this route who might recognize said biker.
Same plates as my parents Caravan, now they sit with the schlep of sorting this out.

aaah OK, but I wouldn't even bother with it, but I know some people become concerned - maybe just send sanral a copy of the e-toll bill and the caravan registration docs?

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 03:02:48 pm »

aaah OK, but I wouldn't even bother with it, but I know some people become concerned - maybe just send sanral a copy of the e-toll bill and the caravan registration docs?
Had the exact same issue with our caravan's numberplate a year or two ago, they wanted a police-stamped avidavit too (stating that the vehicle in the picture was not mine). I was livid, I mean it's pretty obvious if they bother to look up the registration details that the number belongs to a caravan. But alas.

Offline heinzz

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 03:12:13 pm »
same happened with me. some guy copied my bike trailers number plate an put it on his trailer. Lodged a complaint with SANRAL. Luckly they could see the registration numer of the car towing the trailer. Trailers do not get registered at SANRAL and billed so had to state that first so the official could snap that an proceed with fraud case. two months later everything was sorted from their side.

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 03:25:16 pm »
Perhaps copy a couple of SANRAL's vehicle plates and use them for a while  :biggrin:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 03:30:53 pm »
Had the exact same issue with our caravan's numberplate a year or two ago, they wanted a police-stamped avidavit too (stating that the vehicle in the picture was not mine). I was livid, I mean it's pretty obvious if they bother to look up the registration details that the number belongs to a caravan. But alas.

Did you go to all the trouble?

Offline chicco

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Revolution or death........
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 03:32:26 pm »
Perhaps copy a couple of SANRAL's vehicle plates and use them for a while  :biggrin:

first dips please.... :imaposer:
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 990, HONDA CRF 230, KTM 990S

Offline igno

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 03:45:13 pm »
Just ignore it.  Don 't pay it (and ues I know trying to convice the old people NOT to is not easy)

Etolls have been scrapped anyway (on Tuesday) so why bother at all anymore.
ek dra vandag my screen saver

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 03:45:38 pm »

Did you go to all the trouble?
I did, yes. Only because I feared any legal shit that came my way if I didn't. Still pissed at them.

Edit: But now that we know the system is on its way out I would just leave it and not be bothered.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 03:46:20 pm by OomD »

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 05:29:40 pm »

at that exact point, I would tell them to go fuck themselves and suggest they take me to court

Offline Antonie

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 06:03:01 pm »

at that exact point, I would tell them to go fuck themselves and suggest they take me to court
Exactly... Should not make their problem yours.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Offline fatcat

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 07:31:11 am »
Quicker , I sent them an e-mail and asked them how my run-x managed to turn into a golf and how I could be working and living permanently in joburg and cape town at the same time !!!  Then I told them to take me to court !!!!! :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:
suzuki bandit 1200

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 07:55:58 am »

Get them to deal with it the old way.  Write a letter stating the bike vs caravan issue and post it to SANRAL.
It will maybe be off their minds then and SANRAL will never reply.
Include the invoice with the letter so that it is not in their possession anymore.

Offline Eendstop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • "I ache in places I used to play"
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 08:03:52 am »
I am always amazed that people even bother with such trivial things. Do not waste a single minute on it! It is not worth it. I still receive e-toll statements for R1.70 for passing under a gantry with my bike in 2015. Shall I waste time thereon?  Absolutely not, nor shall I pay; the transaction fees would be way more. They must have spent some R100 or so on postage alone already - idiots!
There is a crack in everything
that is how the light gets in
L.Cohen: Anthem