BMW 1250 GSA HP Feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucet

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
I have had quite a few people asking my opinion on my 1250, so thought I would share it here.

I am no riding god and never push the bike to the limit. My riding consists of commuting about 30kms round trip daily and some trips, mainly tar but dirt roads also. (maybe 80% tar and 20% dirt roads). I have ridden loaded with kit and with pillion a few times also.

I have done around 3500kms on the bike so far, with about 200kms being dirt roads, 2000kms being commuting and short weekend rides, and about 1300 on a long tar trip. These are my findings:

- The bike is about 1 ltr per 100kms heavier on fuel than my 2018 1200 GSA in all riding conditions. (i.e. loaded and commuting)
- The suspension is definitely better and gives a better ride especially on bad roads but if set in road mode and loaded it can feel a bit willowy.
- the motor is much smoother than the 1200
- The gear assist pro is smoother but 1st to 2nd is still a problem and I dont use it here.
- When accelerating hard it is not hard to keep the front wheel off of the ground in most gears.
- my front brakes squeak when being used at lower speeds. The 1200's never did.
- There is no heat from the cat like I had on my 1200 GSA where it basically burned my inside calf on days over 25 C
- Accelerating past vehicles at hiway speeds is definately better than the 1200

And thats pretty much it.

Would I do the same deal again? I probably would but I do admit that, that is not being sensible.

Would I recomend a 1250 over a 1200 to someone who has a fairly low mileage late model 1200? - No.

Its basically R100k (on trade in of my 2018), for slightly different looks, a smoother engine, and a fancy display instead of clocks and slightly better suspension and possibly slightly better acceleration. (oh and a 3 year warranty rather than a 2)

Would be interesting to see what the riders who ask more out of their bikes think.

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 424