Bring It On introduces Brother In-Law to Gravel Travel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
It's been quite a while since I've done a Ride Report.

Mostly due to the fact that I just haven't been afforded the time to head out for many rides, over the past few months ,due to mostly family related commitments we've been dealing with since middle December last year  :'( :'( .

Long story/short....& without going into all the details, that us as a family have dealt with over the past few months  :( :'( ...... I'll rather elaborate on the following of how it came about for this ride.

In the beginning of December last year, a wonderful  opportunity came about when my brother in-law (aka - Wayne Francis) was blessed with the means to purchase a bike from a friend (keeping in mind that had had sadly been without a bike for quite a few years). Sadly though, due to our family being dealt a huge emotional blow when my Father (aka - DPR) having passed away a few days later, on the 13th December, Wayne & I never really got the opportunity to head out for a ride together in order for me to introduce him to the joys of Gravel Travel.

With all the various roles, commitments & responsibilities us as a family had to first deal with over the past few months.... it was only on the 6th April  that both Wayne & I were able to get out for our 1st "Gravel Travel" ride together since he got his bike. Wayne has had various bikes in the past & has been riding for many years already, but never really ventured out in the Gravel Travel much.

Everyone that knows me, knows all too well..... that my 1st choice of riding anywhere (both by bike &/or car) is ALWAYS a Definite BIAS towards GRAVEL TRAVEL   :headbang: :ricky: :ricky: :headbang:

Instead of my posting a whole lot of photos (as I would normally do in my past RR's) I thought I'd give it a bash to put together a video instead, capturing the really great experience both Wayne & I had on that day. It took me  a while to get the video put together (as I'm still trying to find my feet at this "whole video editing thing"  ;D ;D & also had to work on it "bit by bit" in between all the family related commitments I have been busy with over the past few months).

Anyway.....enough talking from my side.... I trust you'll all enjoy the video as much as Wayne & I enjoyed the ride :ricky: :ricky: