Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Stu's Budget Mods: Short Clutch lever  (Read 498 times)

Online m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
Re: Stu's Budget Mods: Short Clutch lever
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 10:17:11 am »
Stu care to put up a pic of your hand on the lever? they don't look very short to me.

Tried those adjustibles. Do not work for me. The curved ones work for me. Do not know where to get for 1290
The adjustable levers work if you completely remove the adjustable sliding part :)

Can confirm it’s pretty short. The knob on the end pulls back to the inside of my 3rd finger.

I Just cut the stock levers down to the notch on the lever. Filed it round and just put black heat shrink over them They work like a charm for me even when i get caught in the rain. Heat shrink prevents slipping . I have fairly big hands and they dont interfere when working the clutch with 2 fingers sitting or standing.

that sounds neat, can you put a picture up please?
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 10:33:04 am »
trimmed the stock lever on my DR,  which worked perfectly.
thinking rather than throwing cash to cut the stock,  and only if a fuckup occurs get the fancy shorty lever.

Offline Lear300

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 02:43:08 pm »
Best 2 finger levers are sold by Bikegear.

tried them....only clutch side fits. on the 1090R there is currently no aftermarket "short" brake levers

Offline hiltonph

• :( BAD COMPANY :(
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 10:55:05 am »
Stu care to put up a pic of your hand on the lever? they don't look very short to me.

Tried those adjustibles. Do not work for me. The curved ones work for me. Do not know where to get for 1290
The adjustable levers work if you completely remove the adjustable sliding part :)

Can confirm itís pretty short. The knob on the end pulls back to the inside of my 3rd finger.

I Just cut the stock levers down to the notch on the lever. Filed it round and just put black heat shrink over them They work like a charm for me even when i get caught in the rain. Heat shrink prevents slipping . I have fairly big hands and they dont interfere when working the clutch with 2 fingers sitting or standing.

Will do.
Ride it like you stole it... Wait What????

Kawasaki KLR650 / Honda varadero xl 1000v/ BMW r1100s / Aprilia Caponord etv 1000 / KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline hiltonph

• :( BAD COMPANY :(
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 12:05:09 pm »

Can confirm itís pretty short. The knob on the end pulls back to the inside of my 3rd finger.

Will do.
They have taken some punch and time for new heat shrink. Hope you guys get the idea.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ride it like you stole it... Wait What????

Kawasaki KLR650 / Honda varadero xl 1000v/ BMW r1100s / Aprilia Caponord etv 1000 / KTM 1190 ADV R

The following users thanked this post: m0lt3n

Online Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 06:43:51 pm »

Sorry for Giant ass pics. Posting from my phone.

The following users thanked this post: m0lt3n

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 08:49:25 pm »
Thanks for the photos.
Will this lever fit the smc?

Online Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 09:44:40 pm »
Thanks for the photos.
Will this lever fit the smc?

Not sure man.  If you have a magura clutch I think it should.  You do need to remove the adjustment mechanism etc from your stock lever and fit to the shorty. Not difficult though.