Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: What a pleasant day out in Gauteng, watchin performing Dogs  (Read 339 times)

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
What a pleasant day out in Gauteng, watchin performing Dogs
« on: October 19, 2008, 07:02:06 am »
So before you say it, no I did not take my camera.......... so yes

:sign5: :useless:

But I just had to say thanks guys for a great day out even without a bike!!!!

So in the morning, I quickly did my houshold chores and ducked off at 10:00 to Lanseria area with two lines of directions from Shark...

"just after the Chicken Pie place turn left signposted Mystic Dolphin (sounds like a vibrator) and carry on 7kms till you get there???"

Anyway got to the "Dolphin" to find a Large number of Forum members racing in various classes of the Enduro.... so after giving Groenie in the pits moral support (aka some Zamaleks) we watched the guys struggle over very sharp rocks and hillsides.... it was a very pensive Sharky at the start, quite fun to watch ....

He would have been more pensive if I hadnt found his keys he had dropped in my boot!!!!

Anyway I said goodbye to the boys at lunch and off I toodled to Kyalami to watch Scribble with Jurie and Jacko race in the BMW 800 series (Jurie in the classics) great fun, but not so much for the 800,s as they were a couple of bikes short for there own race, so they had to go out in the BOTT,s slightly intimidating when you have a 1098 thundering down on you  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Anyway a great day out just would have been better on the bike, thanks for the comps Scribble....

Welsh  8) 8)   

An aspiring Coddiwompler

shark_za

Re: What a pleasant day out in Gauteng, watchin performing Dogs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 04:12:19 pm »
Thanks for those Zamaleks man, the coolerbox was filled with ice and the beer was super cold at the end.
A bit of a bike breaker and very technical. Awesome event.

WD's riding that I could remember were Muddy, Splash, Bullfrog, Ufudo and myself.
Me and Muddy did 2x laps in Novice A, Ufudo 3x in Pro Open, Bullfrog 3x in Seniors and Splash did Novice C ending a respectable 6th class.

The route was a bit of a bike breaker if you strayed off the line, a dude tried to ride the C class with a 650 X and I think something broke.
Everything was rideable but designed to wear you out, set by Wild Will Gillet so its was really good.

The gullys were seriously hard work, nowhere to get momentum up. The climbs were ok if you did them first time, saw a lot of people stuck and struggling but I found ways past them.

There were two really tricky bits, one at the end of this gully where you drop down off some hectic rocks, my front hit the other side and my knackers hit the handlebar. Ouch.
Another one at the start of the "maze" section, a drop off and then an immediate climb out of this ditch. I stopped in the bottom and wasted a lot of energy man handling the bike outta there.

When the next one ;)

Thanks to Groenie for the pit work, quick job removing my broken side stand.

WFO next weekend if I can get my bike fixed by wednesday, new chain guide, sprockets, chain, bend gear lever straight etc.

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:39:22 pm »
Looks like you had fun  :)

Really wished I could be there, but then I had a bit of fun as well  ;D
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

shark_za

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:23 am »
Pictures starting to surface.

Bullfrog spotted on the top of Humour hill with Groenie leading him to safety.

Hahaha
Me watching the Pro classes go through.

shark_za

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 08:56:49 am »
Someone struggling on humor hill.

The veiw from the hill.
Me and Slash at the bottom analyzing lines. I got it right and cruised to the top in both my laps.

Offline Splash

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:51:30 am »
Hi Welsh
Thanks for the moral support - it was a great day indead.
Have bike, will ride.