Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Stolen Bikes  (Read 1445 times)

Offline 73 Peanut

Re: Stolen Bikes
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 01:08:25 pm »
Let the insurance pay

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 01:17:48 pm »
Geez Thats Brazen, any news or security footage from the area ?
Only your neighbours, bike shop, assosciates or recent sketchy visitor (builder buyer etc) would know what you have
Good luck

They also follow bikers, or cars with bikes on trailers home to see where they stay, then do the scouting.

They tried ours in December 2017.  One bike halfway to gate, one still in garage when by pure luck, they were disturbed by lots of movement at my neighbour who had a truck leaving at 02:00.  They have tried again in October 2018, but the red flash of the newly installed infra red alarm had them running.
daar gaan 'n slightly diffrent red flash wees as hulle myne probeer steel... :sip:

Al heelwat daaroor getob.  As jy hulle skiet maak jy vir jouself 'n miljoen of meer se regskostes.  Hoekom sou ek vir myself daai bedraggie op die hals haal, om die versekering R200k te spaar?
Red die... like they use for banknotes... moelik om af te was vir 6 weke... :sip:

Ah!  Dit kan werk, ja.   :thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Matewis

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 01:18:48 pm »
Geez Thats Brazen, any news or security footage from the area ?
Only your neighbours, bike shop, assosciates or recent sketchy visitor (builder buyer etc) would know what you have
Good luck

They also follow bikers, or cars with bikes on trailers home to see where they stay, then do the scouting.

They tried ours in December 2017.  One bike halfway to gate, one still in garage when by pure luck, they were disturbed by lots of movement at my neighbour who had a truck leaving at 02:00.  They have tried again in October 2018, but the red flash of the newly installed infra red alarm had them running.
daar gaan 'n slightly diffrent red flash wees as hulle myne probeer steel... :sip:

Al heelwat daaroor getob.  As jy hulle skiet maak jy vir jouself 'n miljoen of meer se regskostes.  Hoekom sou ek vir myself daai bedraggie op die hals haal, om die versekering R200k te spaar?
Red die... like they use for banknotes... moelik om af te was vir 6 weke... :sip:

Do tell
“Don’t go where the path my lead…  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail…” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
https://kettingsaag.wordpress.com/
https://witvosblog.wordpress.com/

Offline caconcepts

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • Canvas & Aluminium Concepts
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 01:26:27 pm »
DT50, XL500, F650GS Dakar, Honda NC700, F650CS, R1200GS, R1200GSA, K1200LT, G450X, G650XChallenge

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 01:29:51 pm »
My bikes are not insured, so you can better believe it that if I know someone is pushing my bikes out the garage I will be coming out the front door swinging and that bakkie will be getting a brick through its windscreen at the same time.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 01:49:21 pm »
My bikes are not insured, so you can better believe it that if I know someone is pushing my bikes out the garage I will be coming out the front door swinging and that bakkie will be getting a brick through its windscreen at the same time.

All cool, but may I suggest you do not take your fists and a brick to a gunfight.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 01:55:14 pm »
Well if he can drop a bike and pull out a gun by the time i've flattened him then all is fair.. they are also assuming that guys wont come out the house with guns, works both ways..
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 01:57:39 pm »
Well if he can drop a bike and pull out a gun by the time i've flattened him then all is fair.. they are also assuming that guys wont come out the house with guns, works both ways..

The problem is you assume he (singular) needs to drop the bike and go for the gun.  These guys are well organised and work in teams.  Anyway, your bikes, your call.  None of my business.  Just be careful if it ever happens.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 02:06:46 pm »
They weren't so quiet, we knew they were inside the property, and also once they got into the garage. Dogs were going mal. I didn't want to go confront, my life is worth more than the insured bikes.

Insured yes. Part of the life in SA i guess. Hope to get paid out shortly so I can start the collection process once again.

Security companies missed them by literally 30 seconds, this I know by viewing the neighbors CCTV footage. Once they broke the main gate, they were out within 2 minutes. Clearly planned, with, no doubt, insider intel (have had a few contractors on site recently - have notified the bosses of such and sent them pics of vehicles but no-one can identify the people or the car/trailer used).
Did you at least phone the cops while they were busy? While I understand the hesitance to confront I would sure as hell make my presence known, that might scare them off. And the dogs were going mal, but they just carried on stealing the bikes?

Offline Odd Dog

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 02:22:43 pm »
Exactly, my thoughts.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Online tulips

• Bike: Peugeot (all models)
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 09:59:44 am »
They weren't so quiet, we knew they were inside the property, and also once they got into the garage. Dogs were going mal. I didn't want to go confront, my life is worth more than the insured bikes.

Insured yes. Part of the life in SA i guess. Hope to get paid out shortly so I can start the collection process once again.

Security companies missed them by literally 30 seconds, this I know by viewing the neighbors CCTV footage. Once they broke the main gate, they were out within 2 minutes. Clearly planned, with, no doubt, insider intel (have had a few contractors on site recently - have notified the bosses of such and sent them pics of vehicles but no-one can identify the people or the car/trailer used).

Sensible thing to do  :thumleft: Theft might be one of the lesser traits of these f*&%ckers
Very funny Mr Geller can i please get my bike back

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 10:14:04 am »
If in your position and in view I'd try shoot the tyres and radiator out of the car. Not at the thiefs sadly.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za