Rocky Horror thru Darkest Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
One of my biking frustrations at the moment is finding people that enjoy the same type of riding that I do, namely dual sporting in technical challenging conditions. There are a few local guys who do enjoy this type of riding, guys like Highsider and Beebob do, but when they are not available then I either have to ride solo, which is not ideal, or stay at home.

So last week when I received a surprise PM from Bullet telling me that he and Dawie Roos are coming to Kzn with their KTM 500's for the weekend and asking me if I knew of any suitable tracks they could ride I was in my element. They booked in to Zingela Lodge for the weekend, and the plan was that I would meet up with them on Saturday morning and then spend the day riding, showing them some of my routes in the area. The fact that they were both on 500's alleviated any concerns that I would normally have in taking strangers along some of the routes I had planned, and as it turned out there was no need for concern, they are both excellent riders, quite a few levels higher than me.

The meeting spot was set for the fuel station in Muden at 08h30 and I sent Bullet (Shaun) the tracks of the route a few days before. I asked on a couple of my local riding forums if any of our local riders was keen to come along and it was only Beebob who was keen, but that was fine, he is a very good rider and i enjoy riding with him. So we set off from Hilton at around 07h00 to meet the others in Muden. Thanks to Shaun and Dawie for some of your pics which I stole off FB  :thumleft:

Nice ride through Karkloof, and Rietvlei to get to Muden.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 626
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 625
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 617