Bali to Bima June 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Been a while since my last post. Took a break from many things after my divorce and wanted time to clear head. Many changes in my life happened since March last year but suffice to say its been a wonderful growth experience. OK enough of the Yoda moments, onto the ride report. Mrs and I wanted to a ride to see more of Indonesia especially on back of a motorcycle and parts that neither of us have seen before. Indonesia has over 17,000 islands so lots to explore but for this trip we would focus on riding from Bali through the island of Lombok and onto the island of Sumbawa. Time allocated was 9 days and we chose 1 - 9 June 2019 to do it as as it was public holidays to celebrate Muslim new year so good chance to see people as everybody went home for Labaran and Eid al-Fitr. We decided to use a scooter (reliability, cost, blends in, parts and repairs etc). Weapon of choice was a 125cc Honda Vario 4 stroke. 2 up, hammering it between 70 - 90 kph we averaged just over 40km per litre so consider that when you look at long distance where 90 is about as fast as roads, traffic and geography allows.

Below is the basic route - outbound in green all way and inbound in red for the return. Mrs had to fly back from Lombok so the last day ride was myself taking bike back to Bali. Plan was to both fly into Bali and meet up. I would arrive first, fetch the bike then collect Mrs from airport and we would hit road immediately.

Attachments

• 3 Islands - inbound route.jpg
    3 Islands - inbound route.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 309
  • 3 Islands - outbound route.jpg
    3 Islands - outbound route.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 311