BoosterPlug on a Transalp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
Tiaan made a special effort to drive to my office to give feedback, hence this post:

Tiaan was a bit worried about spending the money. R2295 is a lot of money to spend he says, on something that he is not sure if it is going to work.
His Honda XL700V Transalp was not going as it should. Snatchy throttle, not being able to ride at lower rpm in higher gears, lots of backfire on deceleration, surging at constant throttle. He had the CAT removed in an effort to improve things, but the bike was not going as a 700 should.  He nonetheless came around and reluctantly got a BoosterPlug off me to install on his TransAlp.
Installation is not a 10 min affair. Crash bar had to come off, then front panniers and petrol tank to get to the airbox. Once there it was easy - unplug the Air Temp Sensor plug, clip in one end of the BoosterPlug to the AIT sensor and the other to the loose cable. The new air temp sensor was routed to the front of the bike and installed in a fresh air location. Then reassembly.
Did it work?
Tiaan made a special effort to come to my office on Tuesday to say how happy he was. For the first time he can actually feel the full 700cc of the TransAplp! The bike was pulling smoothly from low, and for the first time he could ride at 80km/h in 5th.  Gone is the snatchy throttle, nosedive when closing the throttle, having to feather the clutch to drive smoothly. Even gearchanges are  smoother. It was the best thing he could have done to the XL700V he says.
On further investigation, I found that the whole of Netherland's Transalps are sporting BoosterPlugs.
So there you go. If you ride a Transalp, give me a call.

Attachments

• Transalp.JPG
    Transalp.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 153
  • BoosterPlugHonda.PNG
    BoosterPlugHonda.PNG
    127.6 KB · Views: 155