Time for tires again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Time to fit the 3rd set of tires on my bike , bought it with the oem Contis , did about 6k kms wth them then fitted a set of Metzeler tourance tires , What made me decide to fit them was the awesome review of durability the tires had at BIKE TIRE WAREHOUSE , the had a used set there as proof with 23000 k on it , my set has done about 15000ks , front is so so ok , and can do a couple more , rear is on its last legs but in a pinch could maybe do 2000 at a push , witch would return 17000 odd kilos , I must add that 98% of my riding has been long rides two up with full luggage ( top box & panniers ) so I am not complaining . Think they have been great , center has worn flat , but I have noticed that most rear tires on big adventure bikes tend to go square/ flat .
My 1st choice is another set of tourances , but also looking at options , the new Michelin Anakee is a contender , I have just never been a fan , also looking at the Bridgestone AX range , but a very new tire and litte info on them . As mention most of my riding is two up , and it seems the tires last me about 8 months , then time to fit a new set .
If you have the new Bridgestones on what is your take on them so far ? My feeling is that I have had great service from the Metzelers , and bar a intervention , going to fit them again in the next week or so .
We have booked another trip  over the August long weekend , again in the region of 2000 ks , and I am one of those riders that like to have good rubber on my bike , not prepared to tempt fate . this gives me a month to fit a new set .