Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Traveling to Zim?...get your cash in order!  (Read 870 times)

Offline Fransw

Re: Traveling to Zim?...get your cash in order!
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2019, 05:21:15 pm »
More info on the Zim money issue. Lifted from another forum..

We are in the process of understanding the reintroduction of the Zimbabwe dollar as the local currency in Zimbabwe and the implications thereof.

In the interim, please see below for the current status:

- The Ministry has implemented this so that Zimbabwe, once more, has its own currency.
- The main difference is that when a person purchases goods from a local shop, only local Zimbabwe dollar cash will be accepted. Thus, US$, ZAR cash etc will no longer be considered legal tender. Foreign credit cards will however continue to be accepted.
- Foreign payments will continue to be accepted at Ports of Entry for visa payments etc.
- Foreign credit cards will continue to be accepted at hotels, shops and restaurants as they simply apply the applicable rate of exchange on the transaction. This will also apply to any booking of activities and transfers on the ground.
- Where cash is needed, such as tipping, this can still be done using forex.

Offline Smoky

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 06:49:22 am »
Travelling anywhere in Africa, in fact anywhere take USD any ask around for the best rate!  Go to Zimbabwe and see the Rhodesia Ruins.

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 09:57:43 am »
Travelling anywhere in Africa, in fact anywhere take USD any ask around for the best rate! Go to Zimbabwe and see the Rhodesia Ruins.
:( :( :'( :'( :'(
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 10:29:45 am »
Except cow dung is more valuable than that. Who wants to go there anyway?

I was born and raised in Zim.. about 6 years ago I did a ride through the eastern highlands and up to Harare to go visit my childhood house etc

It was one of the best rides ive ever been on. Its riding heaven , I would go back and tour that country tomorrow, its simply stunning and the people are humble and friendly.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=133901.msg2579547#msg2579547
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0