DR650 - FCR Carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdvisagie

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
So I just dropped in a FCR39 carb over the weekend on my DR650. Been fiddling with the carb for a while now. First had the sleeve made up and fitted, then ordered the recommended jetting (155 main jet, EMP-5 jet needle, 40 pilot jet, #35 leak jet) and fitted that to the carb.

Had a couple of hours free yesterday so thought why not fit that carb.. I fitted the carb, opened up the airbox and fitted a TwinAir filter. The bike already have a FMF-Q2 tailpiece on it. After fitting the carb and connecting the fuel line, the bike started straight away and even idled fairly well.

First impressions is really good. Bike definitely responds better when twisting the throttle, not night and day but noticeable. The motor seems to spin up (and down) quicker. The most noticeable change is when cruising at low revs and you turn on the power. The motor pulls stronger and smoother from low end, through to mid and top range..

Hopefully my fuel consumption (was around 18-20km/L) is not going to take a hammering! I'll update this thread as soon as I've done more testing wrt to fine tuning and fuel consumption.