Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 1190 rear shock lowering  (Read 145 times)

Offline NEON DEON

1190 rear shock lowering
« on: July 15, 2019, 09:11:05 am »
I have asked on another post how and if possible one could lower a 1190 , even wanted to cut my Ergo seat to get more foot on the ground , seems to me a international problem . A lot of owners has no problem riding, but have a problem stopping.
While looking for something else I came across a link to lowering kits available for the 1190, in essence , pull the forks thru the triple clamp about 30 mm , easy , big job , unplug the rear shock , and remove from frame , them one needs a tool to remove the spring ( dealer has a special tool to remove spring )ask for assistance .
Once the spring has been removed , you have two options , A replace spring for a shorter version available from HYERPRO, assemble shock and refit , ( expensive option ) B , on the bottom of the shock is two half moon spacers , remove these and replace with the kit spacers ( need to import ) my plan is to have these spacers machined down to effectively decreasing the shock stroke , should be same with shorter spring , but the guys report back was that he could put his feet down, bike handled better  , he had to shorted the side stand but found the main dragged in left hand corners ,He  still had to find a solution to this . but mentioned that he had the upper body strength to still put the bike on the main stand . shorter stand will just be easier .
I am keen to experiment with this idea , plan b one , remove the spacer and have it cut down, I am trying to find a damaged shock to strip the half moon bush from , I think it could be under the preload motor and fit on top of the spring ,   

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
Re: 1190 rear shock lowering
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:29:17 am »
How tall are you?
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline NEON DEON

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 02:57:37 pm »
175 , Short ass  :ricky:

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 03:27:51 pm »
175 , Short ass  :ricky:

We could paint one of these Orange for you?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :peepwall:

Offline NEON DEON

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 06:11:17 am »
 :imaposer: