Val to Greyling stad ghost town to grutte pub. Family trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRK Miller

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So eventually we get a gap through my shifts, and Monica's busy schedule with the embroidery. The kids and myself had to drag her away from the machine, because she does not like to keep customers waiting. So a day ride was planned, to Val, and Greylingstat ghost town, back to Grutte where she and Anika had not been before. It was a lazy start, as the alarms went of 05h00, but we could just not get our buts out of the nice and warm bed. So we left 09h00. The plan was to also test two things. A blue tooth head set i got from a friend at work, who did not really want it anymore, besause his wife was complaining to much when he winds up the busa a bit. Second was the lowering links i fitted to Monica's klr, to see if it would be easier for her to ride. We do not have heeps of bike riding experience.
We saddle up and take to the road, Rikus and myself each with a headset. Monica rides in the middle. I pillion Anika, and Eben is on the back with Rikus. After fuling up we head out toward Nigel, Where we will get unto the gravel. I try to contact Rikus, but the helmet is silent with no reply. At our first stop, we try all sorts of pairing the devices, making sure phone bluetooth is on, not that you need the for communicating. The Rikus pints out that my headset plug is nit plugged into the unit. Feel like a arse is a under statement. Plug it in, and wow, it lives. A little longer on the tar and we turn of on the gravel. The Gps and i have a few disagreements as to the route, as usual. We finally reach a agreement, and head out, Rikus and i discussing the others, purly because they cannot hear what we are saying, and what is said in the helmet, stays in the helmet. We reach a tar crossing and Monica is still not comfy on the klr, so from there we slap tar. We reach greyling stad via Balfour and pass there to greyling stad to Val for Lunch. Interresting little place, with a very nice little hotel. The food is also nice For some reason something in the little shop gives Monica hayfever, so now we have a nose thing as well. But we enjoy lunch, take some pictures at the entrace and head out to loo for the ghost town in Greyling stad.
This time the gps and i get along and we head straight to the town. We pass through a farm gate, at which Anika takes gate duty. over the hill we head into the ghost town, a Truly amazing site, as life fills one's mind, and what could have happened hear that the town was abandoned. With such a awesome view, could be they lived here, because the mountain was a fort from the back, and one could see the enemy coming from far over the valley. There is still the little church

Attachments

• val greyling stad. Keith foon (29).jpg
    val greyling stad. Keith foon (29).jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 452
  • val greylingstad rikus foon (2).jpg
    val greylingstad rikus foon (2).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 442
  • val greylingstad rikus foon (2).jpg
    val greylingstad rikus foon (2).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 438
  • val greylingstad rikus foon (12).jpg
    val greylingstad rikus foon (12).jpg