Nasty Austrian🇦🇹 Conquers da 🇺🇸 & 🇨🇦

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big oil

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
After suffering through another Michigan winter with a bad case of Cabin Fever, after caring for 2 elderly parents with 2 bouts of cancer, a heart attack, and my 30 year old cousin dying from getting a pin drop of Amoxycillin on her hand, I was mad at the world, my brain was melted, felt like I had goop filling my noggin.  I took my frustration out on you Wilddogs in the R&P section, something that affects me to this day.  I'm sorry for everything I put yous through.  I mean it.

I HAD to escape the insanity that was my life for over a year.  I decided to embark on a multi month motorbike adventure without any timeline. I set a goal about 10 years ago to ride a motorbike through all 50 States and Canadian Provinces. I had 15 States and a handful of Canadian Provinces to reach my goal.  It was time to cross more states off the list.  I ended up visiting, well, I've taken too many shots to the head to remember, there were so many.

I left the Great Lakes State 18 May 2018 making my way slowly to the Dallas Fort Worth area to spend a month while ordering and making certain I had everything I needed to conquer this multi month trip.  I bought a new point n shoot camera for packability during the trip, still not used to it, so please forgive my pics, many of them could be much much better.

I left DFW on or about 21 June 2018, to Carlsbad Caverns before beginning the New Mexico BDR (Backcountry Discovery Route). The plan was to then ride part of the Colorado BDR, before heading to Moab, Utah to ride the famous White Rim Trail and visit all the southern Utah NP’s, before riding parts of and visiting an old girl friend in Arizona.  I was wondering wherethefak wherethefakawe lived in AZ because I wanted to meet my hero from this forum.  He seems like a real sweetheart just like me, man that guy has a gift for telling you exactly how it is here,  so I wanted to buy him a beer or 10 and hear about his life.  Unfortunately, I was unable to contact him because of my departure from the forum.  I'm not complaining, I deserved the departure.  It is an honor and a privilege to be back.

After AZ, I hoped to rest for a few days in Vegas, before visiting friends in La Jolla, California. Then, touring north through the rest of CA, Oregon, Washington , Idaho, Montana, Glacier NP, Banff NP, and Jasper NP, maybe Alaska before heading back to Michigan.

I had a trip of a lifetime, although, yet again, I began the trip on my 17' KTM Super Adventure R, but she refused to bring me home.  I'm 0-2 taking trips on this bike expecting to make it back home, on the same bike, the first was not the bikes fault, this trip, ahh, I'll explain in my report.  I still don't care, this is the most fun Adventure Touring bike sold today FOR ME, I've ridden them all, no bike provides me the grins this bike does.

A few teaser peekchas to see if I can get any enthusiasm generated for me completing another lengthy RR.  This report may take months to complete as I was gone 6 months.  Will you join me on this adventure, fellow Wilddogs?