Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Travel Insurance - Info needed please - Please share experience  (Read 218 times)

Offline Tom van Brits

Travel Insurance - Info needed please - Please share experience

I am flying on the 30th to Atlanta, then to Witchita Kansas and terurn on the 27th of Nov.

That is 4 months - and I need travel insurance.

Have anyone used 'Travelinsure' before since they came recommended and can cover me for R7K over 4 months?

Share please

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Travel Insurance - Info needed please - Please share experience
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 04:29:25 pm »
Dont some credit cards companies give you free cover if you pay by CC ?

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 05:15:36 pm »
Dont some credit cards companies give you free cover if you pay by CC ?

Yes but only for a maximum of 90 days and not for a 'manual working contract'

My employer will cover work related injuries under WCA but not off duty and normal disease and at worst even cardiovascular emergencies and so on.
R6200 was my quite for 4 months, and it include medical cover up to R100,000,000 and also baggage lost and a number of other things.

I have decided to phone them, and see how they opperate if I need to deal with them and it was a good experience. My call was answered fast, the service was good.
Just waiting for my final travel itinerary before I book since the dates must be 100% correct. 

Offline Sam

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 09:47:47 am »
Do you have Discovery Medical aid? They also do medical travel insurance, and I think it might be included in your premiums. Worthwhile to give them a call if applicable.

Offline Splash

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 09:14:57 pm »
Have used World Nomads before. Did not have to claim, so who knows.
https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7I_Ej6fT4wIVSrDtCh2-mAJcEAAYAiAAEgLBxPD_BwE

WWOOFing?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:18:17 pm by Splash »
Gone traveling.

Offline Splash

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 09:20:12 pm »
Do you have Discovery Medical aid? They also do medical travel insurance, and I think it might be included in your premiums. Worthwhile to give them a call if applicable.
You would be covered for three months - can get a schedule of coverage from their website and request online a letter confirming coverage.
Gone traveling.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 09:22:50 pm »

You know I dont want to enquire now bud, because I had no time. They were waiting for my 'proof or confirmation ' and I didn't know any better and went with the suggested Travelinsure.co.za
If I knew beforehand I could have wait for more feedback but done deal now.
Next year (if the farmer calls me back for work) I'll make sure to check with Discovery. I am on the Essential saver option.
I guess in the unfortunate event of unexpected trauma or disease they will serve the purpose. Yes R6160 was a bit of money (ouch) but now I am covered.  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:20:09 am by Tom van Brits »

The following users thanked this post: Splash

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 09:27:28 pm »
You would be covered for three months - can get a schedule of coverage from their website and request online a letter confirming coverage.

In my case I'll be there for exactly 4months. Credit card payment for my airfare could have covered me for 3 months as well, but that extra months is the problem.
Next year if the farmer calls me back will be a full 8 month contract. With Travelinsure.co.za I can get 8 month cover for R8k.....so maybe my option was not bad at all?
Anyway, let's hope I never have to fall back on it!!

The following users thanked this post: Splash