Tiny solo ride to Sondela.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
My bro organised a spot at Sondela.  The wife had to work saturday morning so I decided to take the scenic route up solo on friday afternoon.

Itching to leave work
flRkVuW.jpg

Packed light :biggrin:
TnV2rRx.jpg

Little stop in Cullinan
k9Srj0H.jpg

Went through that "De Tweedespruit" route on the way. Lekker road.  Little section of sandy dirt before the turn off caught me by surprise though haha. Not super thick but sandy none the less, and I was expecting Tar the whole way to the turn
nDeBcyJ.jpg

Then into Dinokeng.  Always nice to get a photo of your bike with a Elephant Warning sign :biggrin:
IpRdY5d.jpg

I think I found heaven  :drif:
JtcIfWb.jpg

But these guys didn't share my enthusiasm:
eHTi0QE.jpg

It had just happened, and on a very gentle curve....like you cant even call it a corner, so they must've been doing something silly. They were ok, one guy was bt banged up (the dude sitting in the pic) the other was on the phone trying to figure out where they were. They had no idea where they were, trying to find some place called "Camp Discovery".  I spoke to his boss and gave her the road name and where it is roughly. Offered them some water but they said they were fine. 
When I asked what happened, I only got "Aish....." back.  Kak friday afternoon.    I passed Camp Discovery a little while later, they had turned right into Dinokeng instead of carrying on towards RDW, they would've made it fine if they hadn't turned, all tar.

Anyway, carried on through and towards Rust De Winter.  I decided to try cut through the next block of B-roads instead of the highway.  Drove through a little location called "Masobe" on tar and then turned left to cut through, and within 100m it was thick sand 2-track.  After flopping around a bit in the sand I decided this was probably a silly idea, on my own....on the side of a settlement.....Best I go back to the tar :laughing4: 
YNkpIp2.png

bhouqi9.png

Managed to turn around in the grassy bits that kinda held together better than the sand, and slabbed it up to Sondela....

....where they wouldn't let me in. :mad:  I explained I only had a bike, but nope.  I also explained that my brother and others were more than 2hrs behind me, so they had to organise a bakkie to come fetch me and take me to reception.  It's pretty ridiculous being treated like a child like that.  No bikes, but idiot "rangers" on Golfcarts cruise around, seemingly permanently in reverse going  "BEEEP! BEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEP!" through the bush.  And wankers in citigolfs can drive around at will. So peaceful, not.

So I sat on my ace for 2 hrs with the only things I had on me: some bourbon, water and mixed nuts :biggrin: :biggrin:  So it wasn't all bad.
ymOvNlz.jpg

But yeah lekker little ride.  Need to go up and do that sand road now, feel like a knob for not pushing through.

Little dude got to see the Bokkies and Warthogs, loving it!!
CC5E2DQ.jpg