Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: This is why Ganjora is down....  (Read 1797 times)

Offline caconcepts

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • Canvas & Aluminium Concepts
This is why Ganjora is down....
« on: July 31, 2019, 08:27:18 am »
Everyday on my commute I see these C@nts who have no regard for law and order or obeying the rules of the road. This is why 1000's innocent people die every year.

https://youtu.be/eTzYArUqxpk

https://youtu.be/mYAZtAE1LLA
DT50, XL500, F650GS Dakar, Honda NC700, F650CS, R1200GS, R1200GSA, K1200LT, G450X, G650XChallenge

Offline OomD

Re: This is why Ganjora is down....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 08:47:08 am »
This is why I fitted an air horn to my bike, and have my CANSwitch flash my spots when I use the horn. I blast people like these so they get the message. Sooner or later the message starts seeping through.

Especially the poppies here in Pta sitting with their cellphones in their huge white SUV's, while the car ahead of them had long since left and they're holding up the row behind them because her whatsapp is oh so important. Blasting 120dB next to them usually makes them pee their panties and drop the phone, huge white eyeballs staring out their sockets.

The following users thanked this post: RobC, Sabre

Offline Manic

• Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 08:55:14 am »
Ekke soek n Canswitch ook  8)
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 09:33:43 am »
In my opinion, hooting, flipping the bird etc has no effect on these people.
Its all about them and what works for them. In fact they just get more bent
out of shape if you highlight their lack of consideration for others.

Offline GhostSixFour

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 09:36:14 am »
This is why I fitted an air horn to my bike, and have my CANSwitch flash my spots when I use the horn. I blast people like these so they get the message. Sooner or later the message starts seeping through.

Especially the poppies here in Pta sitting with their cellphones in their huge white SUV's, while the car ahead of them had long since left and they're holding up the row behind them because her whatsapp is oh so important. Blasting 120dB next to them usually makes them pee their panties and drop the phone, huge white eyeballs staring out their sockets.

Where'd you get the airhorn? How hard is it to fit?

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 09:39:06 am »
That is today's normal driving. Here by us its taxi's shooting red robots with little regard. You know that, and you regulate your riding accordingly. Its not right, but its the way it is.

I don't get angry, I rather thank the driver for not killing me on that occasion.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

…, I wish I could own them all, and until I can afford to own them all at once, I will own them one at a time... 

Offline OomD

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 10:05:09 am »

Where'd you get the airhorn? How hard is it to fit?
I bought a Dinali soundbomb (https://denalielectronics.com/collections/all-horns) from ebay. Then made a bracket to mount it in front of the GS/A between the stanchions. Sits perfectly there, totally unobtrusive. Dinali also have a bracket available for similar mounting.

Fitment was easy, and wiring it up even easier (courtesy of my CANSwitch). It just connects straight to the CANSwitch.

I sold my CANSwitch product design to a USA crowd, www.blackbirdmoto.com. They selling them now.

Offline Kelevra

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 10:13:29 am »
That is today's normal driving. Here by us its taxi's shooting red robots with little regard. You know that, and you regulate your riding accordingly. Its not right, but its the way it is.

I don't get angry, I rather thank the driver for not killing me on that occasion.

I would like to know how many of these drivers are from Mozambique, this is exactly how the drive in Maputo. You have to wait 10 seconds after green before you dare to cross.
Previous:
Suzuki DR 600 KTM 640 ADV  KTM 530 XCRW KTM 530 EXC Ducati 748 Ducati 1098
Current:
Honda XR 200R KTM 690 KTM 990 ADV R

Offline 8 min Mark

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 10:19:52 am »
In my opinion, hooting, flipping the bird etc has no effect on these people.
Its all about them and what works for them. In fact they just get more bent
out of shape if you highlight their lack of consideration for others.
I have to agree with beebop
The bad drivers emulate other bad drivers. Perhaps they are sociopaths and they really have no clue why they are being chastised for bad driving, they are oblivious to their bad habits and carry on regardless of all other road users. Sometimes I wish I could be like them, as getting frustrated or ranting only seems to have a negative effect on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes no difference to me what you ride, as long as you ride!

Offline Fudge

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 10:35:17 am »

:thumright:
Honda XR125L
Honda XL600R
Honda XR600R
Yamaha TW200

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 11:38:36 am »

Exactly.. all one has to do is check out places like Vietnam or even Tanzania.. road signs, robots and road markings are mere suggestions.

In the end its about enforcement. In places where there is a camera you wont see people going through robots but otherwise its a free for all. There are a few intersections by me where  you know what is going to happen before you even get there..
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 12:30:26 pm »

Your airhorn would not work in the Cape, these coloured drivers just LOVE horns, you'll attract them. :eek7:

Offline XTZFegen

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Audere Est Facere
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 01:24:38 pm »
This morning alone on my ride to work:

Woman with her kid in the car slams breaks and then does a uturn without any indicators. Just slams brakes and throws the car around. I almost ended up in a Tbone.

Another woman driver decides I'm going to slow for her liking and pulls right onto oncoming traffic crosses a white line, then realizes that I'm not going as slow as she originally thought and gets a fucking fright at the traffic heading her way and just slams back in the lane forcing me off the road.

Then coming down the race track road, mr.taxi driver decides he needs to turn his taxi around and go the other way so doesn't he just pull in front of me and I almost end up Tboning him.

I couldn't believe it. Not one of them apologize, not one acknowledge she /he has made a mistake and they just carry on staring infront of them as if they don't care.

This is never mind every tom dick and harry who sits and reads on their fucking cell phones and the guys who use 4 stops as caution signs and just fly through because your on a bike.

Its really getting bad on our roads. And peoples attitudes stink. I saw two people today who wanted to enter my lane, so I drop back and wave them in and not one twasshole said thank you.

The following users thanked this post: RobC, OomD

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 02:25:43 pm »
I bought a Dinali soundbomb (https://denalielectronics.com/collections/all-horns) from ebay. Then made a bracket to mount it in front of the GS/A between the stanchions. Sits perfectly there, totally unobtrusive. Dinali also have a bracket available for similar mounting.
Copy of the trusty Stiebel Air Horn... I have one and it is amusing when I do use it... :thumleft:
Burnt my first one out though... I think the guy who's attaention I was trying to gain was deaf... and blind...  :eek7: One very long blast cooked it. :xxbah:

Offline Woestynhond

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 01:47:22 am »
Sit eerder n signal jammer op die bike...............
and she said " What are you doin today ? ".
and I said " Nothing ".
and she said " But you did that yesterday ".
and I said "I haven`t finished yet ".

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 04:52:19 am »
Nah, as usual it was an inappropriate speed for the prevailing circumstances.
No matter the speed and no matter the circumstances, I was unable to stop in time.
The accident was thus actually my own fault.
Then again, all accidents are the bikers fault - we all know the risk and still choose to ride.
Thank god I have some savings, proper medical aid and proper insurance. Without those 3, this could be a very different story.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear

Offline poenerhoes

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 05:55:13 am »
Canswitch eers you avatar dan praat ons weer Manic :pot:
Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose....

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 06:20:03 am »
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S33°54.712 E018°28.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 08:51:50 am »
@BiG DoM

Yes get a Stebel Nautilus Compact airhorn (yes or Dinalli -basically same and out same factory I guess). That will sort them out.  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 09:20:02 am »
Normally, I don't particularly care for "harregat" in the traffic, but this morning I loved watching some very serious "harregat" at the entrance to the business park where I work.

One mamma wanted to turn right at the robot.  She was in the correct lane.  Coming from the opposite side, another mamma, also wanted to turn right, but she did so from the straight only lane.  These two mammas now met in the middle of the intersection.  No contact.  Both stopped with about 10 cm between their front bumpers.  I was filling up at the garage on the corner so I heard the hooters.  These two proceeded to stare each other down.  Even when I went through there after having filled up, they were still throwing evil eyes at each other, both refusing to back down.  I wonder who gave in first?

Nah, as usual it was an inappropriate speed for the prevailing circumstances.
No matter the speed and no matter the circumstances, I was unable to stop in time.
The accident was thus actually my own fault.
Then again, all accidents are the bikers fault - we all know the risk and still choose to ride.
Thank god I have some savings, proper medical aid and proper insurance. Without those 3, this could be a very different story.

This way of looking at it, is 99% of what is required for it not to happen again.  Respect!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:22:35 am by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!