Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪  (Read 47803 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Michigan Living by a Nasty Mangy Wilddog
« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2019, 12:48:39 pm »
I was just Google-Earthing'ing that area last week, just out of curiosity.  :biggrin:

Everything is so clean and orderly....something we're sadly not used to anymore.

I was just about to post exactly the same. Soooo wish our country was clean. If I ever leave I think that would be in the top reasons why.

I donít want yous having the impression all of my country is neat clean and manicured.....it most certainly is not.

It appears Iím going to have to visit the worst places of the US to give you a better perspective.  Although the ahitholes are a small percentage of my country, they exist and it is sad. 
If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it.  The felon does not fear the police, judge, nor jury.  The felon must be taught to fear his victim.

Offline BigEd

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #401 on: September 18, 2019, 01:46:19 pm »
Trust me BO, it's a lot worse this side, but having lived in Columbus Ohio for 6 months and traveled the state up and down, I have to agree with you.

I mostly found downtown or rather near there - normally easy bus ride away - to be the place where the troubles would concentrate... The suburbs tended to be ok.
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 martelpyp (gave the stupid thing away)

Offline ZooDog

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • ride everything hard
« Reply #402 on: September 18, 2019, 07:38:46 pm »
Our trip to the states was awesome love he farming communityís people very much like we are this side, few us us said we should sell up and buy a farm or farms there you donít have any connections thatís side we looking at leaving we have had to many friends land family lost here. Very keen to go back and look at more areas
TIA. this is africa

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #403 on: September 19, 2019, 03:13:25 am »
Yes I also find the USA farming community very similar to the SA farming community.
The other day we ran out of fuel, while waiting for diesel to be delivered in the field for the sialage chopper another farmer (neighbor) came with a tractor and fuel cell and gave us enough to carry on for another hour.
They are hard working men and women, albeit a bit short tempered so far in my experience but they appear not to hold grudges. There the SA farmers can learn from them  :lol8:

Offline ZooDog

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • ride everything hard
« Reply #404 on: September 19, 2019, 06:07:45 am »
Are you working up there for a farmer or living up there, what area you in
TIA. this is africa

Offline BigEd

• Race Dog
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #405 on: September 19, 2019, 08:08:15 am »
I know of a Northern province farmer selling up and moving to a Texas farm recently. A buddy of mine also just sold up and is also going there. I'm deathly jealous...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:10:00 am by BigEd »

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #406 on: September 20, 2019, 01:53:23 am »
Our trip to the states was awesome love he farming communityís people very much like we are this side, few us us said we should sell up and buy a farm or farms there you donít have any connections thatís side we looking at leaving we have had to many friends land family lost here. Very keen to go back and look at more areas

Location means everything as agricultural land varies from reasonable to ridiculous.

Iíve seen large quantities of farmland sell for as little as $1,500 per acre.

Last week on my way to New Jersey, I stopped at some former Amish clients of mine. 

I inquired about vacant parcels in Holmes county Ohio, a small 5 acre plot.  They explained a 5 acre plot had just sold for $367,000.  Yes, only 5 acres of vacant farm land.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:58:02 am by big oil »
If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it.  The felon does not fear the police, judge, nor jury.  The felon must be taught to fear his victim.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #407 on: September 20, 2019, 02:06:44 am »
I know of a Northern province farmer selling up and moving to a Texas farm recently. A buddy of mine also just sold up and is also going there. I'm deathly jealous...

Texas :imaposer:  EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is bigggggggerrrrrrrr n Texas.

What a great state.  I canít take the temps or the traffic around DFW or Iíd live there. 

Actually, I still havenít ruled out the idea.

It is an ENORMOUS state, Iíve yet to tour the panhandle and the areas of Houston and San Antonio.  The rest Iíve toured both on 2 wheels and 4, including having toured Texas hill country and I conquered the three sisters!

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #408 on: September 20, 2019, 03:07:12 am »

What a great state.  I canít take the temps or the traffic around DFW or Iíd live there. 

It is an ENORMOUS state, Iíve yet to tour the panhandle and the areas of Houston and San Antonio.  The rest Iíve toured both on 2 wheels and 4, including having toured Texas hill country and I conquered the three sisters!

Bud I am currently in the panhandle on a 90 000 acre farm. The most beutiful farm I have seen in the state.
Free roaming cattle feed yard, everything well organized.
However, the rest of the panhandle I have seen so far is pretty much the same as Kansas.
Lots of Mexicans here and mexican shops.
This is agriculture valley and universities

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #409 on: September 20, 2019, 06:03:33 am »

Bud I am currently in the panhandle on a 90 000 acre farm. The most beutiful farm I have seen in the state.
Free roaming cattle feed yard, everything well organized.
However, the rest of the panhandle I have seen so far is pretty much the same as Kansas.
Lots of Mexicans here and mexican shops.
This is agriculture valley and universities

My accountant lives in Borger Texas in the panhandle northeast of Amarillo.

The area used to be Mexico until we took it  >:D

Offline BigEd

• Race Dog
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #410 on: September 20, 2019, 07:58:51 am »

I'm reading some comics at the moment about the old west days - Lt Blueberry (it's got piekchas!) The location is near those areas. Very nice read for a comic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry_(comics)

Check it out...

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2019, 01:39:48 pm »

I'm reading some comics at the moment about the old west days - Lt Blueberry (it's got piekchas!) The location is near those areas. Very nice read for a comic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry_(comics)

Check it out...

I hadnít heard of that series it sounds interesting

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #412 on: September 22, 2019, 07:57:40 pm »
Allow me to introduce a young hero of mine, Seaman Russell Samon.  Russell was dropped off by his mother and father in Detroit Michigan, mid July.  His behind was now the property of the US government.

He then boarded a US military airplane and flew to Philadelphia where he and 99 other kids boarded a bus to Cape May, NJ.  Russell told me almost all the kids were laughing and being loud during the bus ride.  Russell claimed he remained stoic during the ride.  He was asked by other riders why.  He claims he told the other boys I donít know why you all are so happy, because weíre about to face weeks of hell.

Russell was correct in his assessment!  Forty of 100 didnít graduate on time or were sent back home.

Seven of those 40 made it to the last day and were to receive their graduation certificates, but had committed acts the night before graduation deemed so heinous against USCG code, they not only did not graduate, they will be reverted back a few weeks or be discharged.  The kids families showed up for the ceremony only to learn that theyíd be taking their child back home, all that work for nothing and possibly a blip on their record if what they committed was unlawful!

Russell graduated in the 99th percentile in physical fitness.  He wouldíve gotten first if he could have ran the 1.5 mile faster than 1 other kid.  The other kid wasnít as strong or muscular as Russ, but he was 7 seconds quicker in the 1.5, iirc.

Here is a young man Iím so proud of, hereís Russell, 10 minutes after graduation, excited to tell his father, Eric, a story about his boot camp experience:

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #413 on: September 23, 2019, 02:05:10 am »
Awesome!

You have reason to be proud of young Russel  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #414 on: September 23, 2019, 05:03:16 am »
Allow me to introduce a young hero of mine, Seaman Russell Samon.  Russell was dropped off by his mother and father in Detroit Michigan, mid July.  His behind was now the property of the US government.

He then boarded a US military airplane and flew to Philadelphia where he and 99 other kids boarded a bus to Cape May, NJ.  Russell told me almost all the kids were laughing and being loud during the bus ride.  Russell claimed he remained stoic during the ride.  He was asked by other riders why.  He claims he told the other boys I donít know why you all are so happy, because weíre about to face weeks of hell.

Russell was correct in his assessment!  Forty of 100 didnít graduate on time or were sent back home.

Seven of those 40 made it to the last day and were to receive their graduation certificates, but had committed acts the night before graduation deemed so heinous against USCG code, they not only did not graduate, they will be reverted back a few weeks or be discharged.  The kids families showed up for the ceremony only to learn that theyíd be taking their child back home, all that work for nothing and possibly a blip on their record if what they committed was unlawful!

Russell graduated in the 99th percentile in physical fitness.  He wouldíve gotten first if he could have ran the 1.5 mile faster than 1 other kid.  The other kid wasnít as strong or muscular as Russ, but he was 7 seconds quicker in the 1.5, iirc.

Here is a young man Iím so proud of, hereís Russell, 10 minutes after graduation, excited to tell his father, Eric, a story about his boot camp experience:

Respect  :thumleft:

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #415 on: September 23, 2019, 02:54:52 pm »

Thanks Tom, this kid is way ahead of his time

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #416 on: September 23, 2019, 03:22:35 pm »

Thanks man, Russell is way ahead of most kids his age!

Offline Oubones

« Reply #417 on: September 23, 2019, 05:53:52 pm »
It is kids like him that gives us faith in the future!
Well done to him and all who helped shape this young man!
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #418 on: September 23, 2019, 08:15:27 pm »
It is kids like him that gives us faith in the future!
Well done to him and all who helped shape this young man!

Sure does Hennie, he told us of a turning point in his adolescence where he was at a party when his good friends began crumbling up pills theyíd raided from parents medicine bottles, then his friends would snort the contents.  It was a peer pressure moment, he turned his back on his buddies, walked home without having snorted anything!

Heís worked his tail off from a young age, he has a nice size chunk of cash in the bank too from working and heís tight as a bark on a tree.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2019, 12:04:41 pm »
After the graduation ceremony we found a nice steakhouse to feast and listen to a different Russell than the one we were used to.

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits