Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 🇺🇸Michigan🇨🇦Living🇩🇪  (Read 47797 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Michigan Living by a Nasty Mangy Wilddog
« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2019, 12:14:40 pm »
After the feast, the rest of the group were westbound, eagerly searching for the Mitten, Eric had initially texted the grad ceremony was on Saturday morning, Iíd already booked a room in Cape May, so we headed for the room to rest and recuperate for the long drive the next day.

Views from our room, the Sea Chest Hotel, proprietors, first gen Polish immigrants.

If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it.  The felon does not fear the police, judge, nor jury.  The felon must be taught to fear his victim.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #421 on: September 24, 2019, 01:15:41 pm »
Side story - The locals  and hotel guests in Cape May were fascinated not only by our accent, but by our our sleeping 💤 habits...

You see, the air off the Atlantic Ocean at night is quite cool, apparently this means most locals and hotel guests may have had their windows shut or slightly cracked, certainly no fans running.

Not us Michigander Polar Bears, eh........

There was a convention for firefighters in town the weekend we were in Cape May, all hotel guests were New Jersey firefighters along with their wives. 

Eric sleeps with ESPNís SPORTCENTER on all night, he had warned me of this before the trip.  I couldnít give a shit because my sleeping has mostly returned to normal...........comatose.  We had all windows in our room max open and our fans on, tv on,  so apparently hotel guests laughed their asses off as they walked passed our room. 

You see, unbeknownst to aloof us, the curtains on the enormous front window to our room were quite transparent, 😂 Eric in his bed sawing logs, me in my bed sawing logs, the tv providing all the light necessary for everyone to see our ivory asses and whatever else they may have seen dangling off my bed  :peepwall:

Everyone was impressed with our snoring  💤 volume and our free spirited sleeping attire with all windows max open!!
If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it.  The felon does not fear the police, judge, nor jury.  The felon must be taught to fear his victim.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #422 on: September 24, 2019, 01:24:25 pm »

My old friend admiring the New Jersey beech. 

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #423 on: September 24, 2019, 01:43:56 pm »
Eric and I were now westbound and down, intending to cover some distance towards the Mitten.

Wasnít happening!

We stopped shortly after leaving Cape May, to refuel and get right for the drive.

Getting right for Eric means pouring 2 beers in his Yeti tumbler, mixing a vodka and coke in his large tumbler, swallowing 2 Norco 750ís, and an assortment of other pharmaceuticals. 

Iím not as cool as my old buddy, Eric, getting right for me included washing my glass, refueling, doing some stretching, and placing a Gatorade and water in my cup holders at the helm.

If youíre a doctor reading this and youíve time, would you please send me a pm, Iím concerned about Eric and a couple of things I noticed on our road trip, and would like a doctors opinion.

We were finally back on the road, avoiding Philadelphia and itís traffic at all cost, we took another route towards Baltimore.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2019, 01:46:58 pm »
Now back in Delaware en route to Baltimore, we stop at a Delaware Welcome Center and Rest Area, so Eric can get right again and I can walk and stretch and refill my water and Gatorade.

Joe Biden has a bunch of toilets named after him, he must be proud.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2019, 02:00:15 pm »
Pause

Presently in Michiganís upper Peninsula, autumn has arrived.  See the moonlight reflect in the river?

U.P. colors are supposed to peek Oct 5, if everything goes to plan, Iím gonna hit the road on the 3rd, Iíll tow my BMDubya up there and ride around capturing hopefully some nice peekchas of breathtaking scenery.

I failed to add this pic was borrowed or texted to me.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:14:05 pm by big oil »

The following users thanked this post: windswept

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #426 on: September 24, 2019, 06:56:04 pm »
It took us about 5 hours to drive from Cape May, New Jersey to Baltimore, a trip that should take 2.5-3 hours!

We were hungry at around 3pm so I began searching for a good seafood restaurant in Baltimore.

One of the highest rated places on the google list was L.P. Steamers in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland, thus L.P. equals Locust Point Steamers. 

It appears to be a run down shithole.........and it is!

The food?  Some of the best crab Iíve eaten.

The following users thanked this post: eberhard

Offline eberhard

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #427 on: September 24, 2019, 10:45:53 pm »

Those are often where you eat the best food ... and have the best time.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2019, 02:09:18 am »

Those are often where you eat the best food ... and have the best time.

Totallyagree, Iím always searching for a dive with excellent food
We couldnít get enough, we ate there twice, at 4ish and 10ish! 

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2019, 02:14:54 am »
We couldnít get a table, so they gave us a pager and told us they had a waiting area slash bar across the street where we could enjoy a drink while we wait.......donít have to tell us twice!

The following users thanked this post: eberhard

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2019, 02:19:05 am »
Our pager went off 15 min later, but the drinks and convo was flowing well at the bar, so we responded to the page, we would need more time!

About 1 hour and several beers later we were ready to attack a bunch of seafood just out of the Atlantic.

We began with broiled then sautťed jumbo crab cakes.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2019, 02:22:55 am »
If you had kept going South on the I95 you would have hit hot, sunny, Florida....

Home of the Zogs and their dogs  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Mrs Zog lived in Baltimore for many, many years. She never went to that establishment  :sip:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2019, 07:15:36 pm »
If you had kept going South on the I95 you would have hit hot, sunny, Florida....

Home of the Zogs and their dogs  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Mrs Zog lived in Baltimore for many, many years. She never went to that establishment  :sip:

I would have been game, bro Eric wanted to get back to the Mitten in order to spend a few days with Russell before he and his girlfriend leave for New York, where he will be stationed in the ĎLand of 10,000 Islandsí. 

Bro Eric and I will hopefully travel out to New York next year with fishing boat in tow and catch some ginormous walleyes.

Yeah, youíd mentioned her living there to me, it was a fun time, I canít wait to revisit Baltimore and the Smithsonian museums in WDC. 

Hope all is well in Florida.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2019, 07:30:57 pm »
We finally made it across the street to L.P.ís, where Jose ensured we had everything we needed.

Eric had already spoken with Jose after Iíd dropped him off close to the entrance so he could secure us a table while I searched for an available parking spot.  Finding a large enough spot proved difficult.

When Jose encouraged Eric to wait next door at the tavern with bartender Harry, Eric told him to look for a giant to walk through the door in the next few minutes, you canít miss him, lol, and relay that he was across the street.

I was wondering why Jose looked up at me so funny and began belly laughing when I entered through the front door!!

I asked Jose wtf he was laughing at in a joking manner, he laughingly told me that Eric had told him to look for a giant.  I asked Jose where that prick fuck Eric was, so I could slap him.

Made Joseís day to laugh so much at my expense, so when we ordered the largest most expensive feast on the menu, he substituted ginormous crabs for large crabs at no extra charge.  Funny how that happens!

Anyhoo, hereís our feast, Ginormous crabs, jumbo lobster tails, pound of jumbo prawns , too many clams and oysters to count, 2 cobs of corn , and a pitcher of beer.

We are everything, thereís wasnít a morsel left!

We were intoxicated and feasted like kings, what an experience.

Offline eberhard

• Race Dog
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2019, 07:32:05 pm »
Our pager went off 15 min later, but the drinks and convo was flowing well at the bar, so we responded to the page, we would need more time!

About 1 hour and several beers later we were ready to attack a bunch of seafood just out of the Atlantic.

:drif: :drif: :drif:
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7

Offline eberhard

• Race Dog
« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2019, 07:35:44 pm »
From all that food it looks like you need crutches to walk out again.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #436 on: September 25, 2019, 07:40:29 pm »

:drif: :drif: :drif:

By far the most flavorful delicious 🦀 cake Iíve ever had.

Mouth watering delicious as they donít boil the crab, they steam then sautť for Max flavor

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #437 on: September 25, 2019, 07:44:36 pm »
From all that food it looks like you need crutches to walk out again.

Those are Ericís crutches, we both were about to explode, the funny thing is we ended up going back approximately 6 hours later and had another smaller $75 feast and several more 🍻!!

The locals liked us so much, we were offered a place to overnight a 1 minute walk from LP Steamers!

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #438 on: September 25, 2019, 07:56:19 pm »
Post feast, we walked around praying we wouldnít have to drop a deuce.

Bro wanted his pic taken in front of this Baltimore fire station

Bartender Harry had explained to us when we were crushing beers waiting for a table at the seafood joint, that weíd lucked out by stopping in the Locust Point Neighborhood as that day was the anniversary of Defenders Day at Fort McHenry right down the street, named after the heroic battle against the British Navy, when they decided theyíd had enough and tucked tail for New Orleans.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Race Dog
« Reply #439 on: September 26, 2019, 12:37:32 am »
A beautifully colored Indian Roadmaster in the BFD lot.